Articulate Presenter lets you record videos directly from your webcam. You can insert webcam recordings as slide videos or presenter panel (sidebar) videos.
Recording a Webcam Video
First, record your webcam video. Here's how:
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and choose Record Webcam.
- When the Record Webcam window appears, click More device settings to choose the webcam and microphone you want to use (if you have more than one) and select a video size. Then specify the following:
- Use the Video Device drop-down list to select the webcam you want to use.
- Click the Advanced hyperlink to fine-tune your webcam properties.
- Use the Video Size drop-down list to select the dimensions for your video.
- Use the Audio Device drop-down list to select the microphone you want to use.
- Click the red Record button to begin recording.
- When you've finished recording your video, click the Stop button.
- If you'd like to preview your recording before inserting it into your course, click the Play button.
- If you'd like to redo your recording, click the red X to delete the current recording. Then click the Record button to start over.
- When you're ready to insert the recording into your course, click OK.
- When the Insert Webcam Video window appears, choose how you want to display your recording—either as a slide video or a presenter panel (sidebar) video. Then proceed to the appropriate section below to complete the process.
Inserting as a Slide Video
If you choose to insert your webcam recording as a slide video, the Add Slide Video From File window will appear. Configure the following options, and click OK when you're finished.
- Show video: Decide whether you want the video to appear on the slide or in a separate browser window.
- Play video: Choose to play the video automatically or only when learners click it.
- Show video controls: Mark this box if you want to add a playbar to the video, so learners can play, pause, rewind, and fast forward it.
- Start video: Decide when you want the video to play. By default, it'll play as soon as learners reach the slide. If you'd prefer to wait a certain number of seconds before playing the video, enter a number in the field provided.
- To preview your video, use the Play/Pause and Stop buttons below the thumbnail image.
- To switch to a different video, click the blue text below the thumbnail image, and browse to another video file.
Inserting as a Presenter Panel Video
If you choose to insert your webcam recording as a presenter panel (sidebar) video, the Add Presenter Video window will appear.
Use the Play/Pause and Stop buttons to preview the video. If you'd rather use a different video instead, click the blue text to browse for a video file.
Click OK when you're ready to insert the video to the presenter panel. A small Flash icon will appear on the slide to indicate that there is a presenter panel video for the slide. The Flash icon won't show in your published course, but you can drag it off the slide stage if it gets in your way while you're designing the slide.