Articulate Presenter lets you control several aspects of the browser and player for your published course, including:
- The size of the browser window.
- Whether the course stays locked at the same size or lets learners scaleup or down by adjusting the size of their browser window.
- Whether the course launches in a separate window; and if so, the characteristics of that window.
To set these options, go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Player.
When the Player Properties window appears, click Other.
Set your preferences, using the guidelines below.
Choosing the Browser Size
Use the Browser size selector to choose one of the options available:
- Display at user's current browser size: This option displays the course at the size of the learner's browser.
- Resize browser to optimal size: This option automatically resizes the learner's browser to match the course's optimal size. The optimal size is whatever you've chosen as the presentation size plus any additional width and height to accommodate the course player. Depending on the features and controls your player includes, the player adds between 20 and 260 pixels to the width of your course and between 20 and 118 pixels to the height. If you need help understanding the features and controls available on your player, see this tutorial.
- Resize browser to fill screen: This option automatically resizes the learner's browser to fill the whole screen.
Use the Player size selector to choose one of the options available:
- Scale player to fill browser window: This option makes your published course fill the learner's browser window.
- Lock player at optimal size: This option locks the published course at its optimal size. Even if learners resize their browser window, the course itself will stay at the optimal size. By default, the optimal size is 720 pixels wide plus an additional 20 to 260 pixels for the player frame, depending on the features you included. The height will adjust to maintain the aspect ratio of your content plus an additional 20 to 118 pixels for the player frame.
If you lock the player at optimal size, you can also adjust the fixed dimensions of your published output. Choose one of the following Output Slide Size options. (These options will be grayed out if you scale your player to fill the browser.)
- Use a fixed width of 720 pixels: This is the default setting. It locks your published slides at 720 pixels wide.
- Scale to ___ % of PowerPoint output size: This option lets you scale the published output to a percentage of the PowerPoint dimensions. For example, if you choose 100%, your published output will be locked at the same size as your PowerPoint slides. (Tip: The numbers in parentheses are the actual dimensions Presenter will use for your published slides. These dimensions will automatically adjust as you change the percentage.)
Launching the Course in a New Window
If you want your course to launch in a new browser window via a launch page, mark Launch player in new window.
Then choose from these options:
- Display window with no browser controls: If you choose this option, the new window for your course will have no browser controls. It'll only display the address bar, which isn't editable. If you leave this box unmarked, the new browser window will have the same controls as the parent window.
- Allow user to resize browser: Mark this option to let learners resize the browser window.
Saving Your Changes to the Player
Presenter will save your player customizations in your project file. It's a good practice, though, to save your player separately so you can apply the same player customizations to other courses.
To save your player, click the Current Player button and choose Save. If you're prompted, enter a name for the player, and click OK.
For details about using the Current Player options, see Saving Your Player or Switching to a Different One.