Is the narration for your entire course in a single audio file? No problem! You can split it across multiple slides.
Step 1: Import the Audio File
Import your audio file into the first slide that should have narration.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Import Audio.
- When the Import Audio window appears, select the first slide in your course that'll have narration, and click the Browse button at the bottom of the window.
- Browse to the audio file you want to use, and click Open.
- Click OK to close the Import Audio window.
Step 2: Split the Narration Across Multiple Slides
Now that your narration has been imported into one slide, you're ready to distribute it among the other slides.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Audio Editor.
- When the editor opens, select the thumbnail in the left navigation pane for the slide where you imported the audio file.
- Click the Play button below the audio waveform. Your narration will begin playing, and the playhead (red vertical line) will begin moving across the waveform.
- When the narration reaches the point where the next slide should begin, click the Pause button.
- Then click Set Next Slide on the ribbon. The slide marker for the next slide will move back to the point on the waveform where the playhead is paused, effectively splitting the audio file between slides.
- Repeat steps 3–5 until you've finished splitting the waveform across the appropriate slides.
- Click Save & Close.
Tip: If you need to tweak your slide markers or add moments of silence at various to points to help with phrasing see Editing Audio to learn how.