Web objects are a powerful way to leverage web-based resources by embedding them right in your Articulate Presenter 360 courses. Take advantage of web-based apps, games, videos, reference materials, and more—whether they're online or stored on your local computer.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon and click Web Object. The Insert Web Object window will open.
- Depending on whether your web content is currently online or located on your local computer, do one of the following:
- If your web content is online: Type the URL of the web page in the Address field.
- If your web content is on your local computer: Click the Browse button (looks like an open folder), navigate to the folder that contains your web content, and click OK. (There must be a file called index.htm or index.html in the folder, and all supporting files that are necessary for your web content to function must be in the same folder.)
- Click the Test Link button to make sure your web content launches the way you expect.
- Choose how you want the web object to display, either in the slide or in a new browser window.
- If you display your web content in a new browser window (see above), decide how the new window should look.
- Browser Controls: Use this drop-down menu to choose which controls the new window will have. Choose Default if the new window should have the same controls as the parent browser window. Choose No browser controls if you'd prefer the new browser window not have any controls.
- Window Size: Use this drop-down menu to select a window size. If you select Custom, specify the width and height in pixels.
- By default, the web object will appear as soon as learners reach the slide where it’s located. If you’d prefer to wait a certain number of seconds before displaying, enter a number in the Delay appearance field.
- Mark the box to Load web object automatically if you want your web content to load without any interaction from learners. Uncheck it if you want it to load only when learners click it.
- Click OK when you're ready to insert the web object.
- Use the sizing handles on the web object placeholder to size it to fit your slide design, then drag it where you want the web object to display.
- If your web content is located on the internet or an intranet, learners will need the proper security permissions to access it. Also, make sure that your web content starts with
http(assuming the hosting site supports secure https content). See this article for more details. Otherwise, web objects may not work for them.
- Web objects can't be viewed during preview. To view web objects, publish for Web, Review 360, Articulate Online, or LMS, then upload the published output to a server. To view a published course without uploading it to a server, publish for CD.
To edit properties for a web object after it has been added to your Presenter course:
- Select the web object placeholder and go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon.
- Click the Web Object drop-down arrow and choose Edit Web Object Properties.
- Make your changes and click OK.