Articulate Quizmaker lets you control several aspects of the browser and player for your published quiz, including:
- The size of the browser window.
- Whether the quiz stays locked at the same size or lets learners scale up or down by adjusting the size of their browser window.
- Whether the quiz launches in a separate window and, if so, the properties of that window.
To set these options, you'll need to open the Player Properties window. Go to the Home tab on the Quizmaker ribbon, and click Player.
When the Player Properties window appears, click Other.
Now set your preferences, using the guidelines below.
Choosing the Browser Size
Use the Browser size selector to choose one of the options available:
- Display at user's current browser size: With this option, the quiz will display at the size of the learner's browser.
- Resize browser to optimal size: If you choose this option, the learner's browser will automatically resize to match the quiz's optimal size. The optimal size is whatever you've chosen as the quiz size plus any additional width and height to accommodate the quiz player. Depending on the features and controls you've included on your player, the player adds 20 pixels to the width of your quiz and between 20 and 118 pixels to the height. If you need help understanding the features and controls available on your player, see this tutorial.
- Resize browser to fill screen: If you choose this option, the learner's browser will automatically resize to fill the whole screen.
Choosing the Player Size
Use the Player size selector to choose one of the following options:
- Scale player to fill browser window: This will make your published quiz fill the learner's browser window.
- Lock player at optimal size: This locks the published quiz at its optimal size—and even if learners resize their browser window, the quiz itself will stay at the optimal size. The optimal size is whatever you chose as the quiz size plus any additional height or width to accommodate the quiz player. Depending on the features and controls you've included on your player, the player adds 20 pixels to the width of your quiz and between 20 and 118 pixels to the height. If you need help understanding the features and controls available on your player, see this tutorial.
Launching the Quiz in a New Window
If you want your quiz to launch in a new browser window via a launch page, mark Launch player in a new window.
Then choose from these launch options:
- Display window with no browser controls: If you mark this, the new window in which your quiz displays will have no browser controls—it'll only display the address bar, which won't be editable. If you leave this box unmarked, the new browser window will have the usual controls that the learner uses on his or her browser.
- Allow user to resize browser: Mark this if you want learners to be able to resize the browser window in which the quiz launches.
Saving Your Changes to the Player
If you click OK on the Player Properties window and then save your quiz, Quizmaker saves your player customizations within your quiz file. It's a good practice, though, to save your player separately, so you can apply the same player customizations to other quizzes.
To save your player, click the Current Player button, and choose Save. Enter a name for the player if you're prompted, and click OK.
For details about using the Current Player options, see Saving Your Player or Switching to a Different One.