Articulate Quizmaker has several tools for working with existing audio. To reveal the Sound Tools on the ribbon, click once on any speaker icon at the lower left corner of the slide, or click once on any audio track in the timeline.
Click the Preview button to hear the selected audio track. Click the Preview button again to stop the audio playback.
Another way to preview an audio track is to double-click the speaker icon. Then click the speaker icon again to stop the audio playback.
Click the Sound Volume drop-down to change the relative volume of your audio track. Select one of the following levels:
- Low: Lowers the volume to 50% of the original.
- Medium: Sets the volume at 100%, meaning there is no change to the original volume. This is the default option.
- High: Raises the volume to 150% of the original.
- Mute: Silences the selected audio track.
Click the Audio Editor button on the ribbon to modify the selected audio track. To learn how to use the Audio Editor, see this tutorial.
Tip: You can also access the Audio Editor by doing any of the following:
- Right-click the speaker icon at the lower left corner of the slide and select Audio Editor.
- Right-click the audio track in the timeline and select Audio Editor.
- Double-click the audio track in the timeline.
Replacing One Audio Track with Another
If you want to replace the selected audio track with a different one, click the Change Sound button. Then browse to the audio file you want to use, and click Open.
You can export a copy of your audio for backup purposes or for use in another project. Here’s how:
- Click the Export Sound button on the Quizmaker ribbon. Or, right-click the speaker icon and select Export Sound. Or, right-click the audio track in the timeline and select Export Sound.
- Browse to the location where you want to save the exported audio, and assign a File name.
- Use the Save as type drop-down list to specify whether you want the exported audio file to be saved as an MP3 file, a WAV file, or Both WAV and MP3.
- Click the Save button to complete the export process.
To change your audio playback and recording devices, click the arrow in the lower right corner of the Sound Options group on the ribbon.
Then select a speaker for your default playback device and a microphone for your default recording device. You can also adjust the recording volume.