Quiz templates are huge time savers. Create your design once, then reuse it for new quizzes. You can even share templates with other content authors for consistency. Templates can include quiz settings, design themes, default questions, a customized result slide, player properties, and more.
Creating templates is a two-step process: design and conversion.
Step 1: Design
First, start a new quiz or open an existing one, then design it the way you want the template to appear. Remember that everything in your quiz gets baked into the template, including:
- Question groups
- Slides and content
- Quiz properties
- Design themes
- Slide masters
- Feedback masters
- Result slide
- Player properties
Step 2: Convert
When you're ready to convert your quiz to a template, do this:
- Go to the File tab on the ribbon and click Save As.
- Browse to a location on your local hard drive where you want to save your template.
- Give your template a recognizable file name.
- Use the Save as type drop-down to select Quizmaker Template (*.quiztemplate).
- Click Save.
To edit a quiz template:
- Double-click the *.quiztemplate file to open it in Articulate Quizmaker.
- Make the necessary edits.
- Save the file. (You can press Ctrl+S or click the Save button on the quick access toolbar.)
To share a quiz template with other content authors, just send them the *.quiztemplate file you created.
You can use email, network drives, USB drives, cloud services, or any other form of file sharing.
Make sure recipients save the *.quiztemplate file to their local hard drive before they use it.
To use a quiz template, do this:
- Launch Articulate Quizmaker.
- On the Quizmaker start screen, click From quiz template.
- Browse to the *.quiztemplate file you want to use and click Open.
- A new quiz will be created with all the settings and content from the template. Edit the quiz as you’d like, then save and publish it.