Question List View gives you a big-picture view of your entire quiz. It’s where you arrange slides, organize them into groups, and randomize them. It’s also where you set the properties for your quiz and edit the result slide.
- Switching to Question List View
- Adding Slides
- Cutting, Copying, Pasting, and Duplicating Slides
- Using Question Groups
- Rearranging Slides
- Editing Slides
- Deleting Slides
- Editing the Result Slide
- Setting Quiz Properties
- Spell Checking
Articulate Quizmaker always opens in Question List View. At any time thereafter, you can switch to Question List View by clicking the Question List View icon in the lower right corner of the screen (near the zoom slider).
Or, go to the View tab on the Quizmaker ribbon and click Question List.
You can also import questions from another quiz, a quiz template, a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, or a text file. See this user guide for details.
First, select one or more slides in your quiz:
- Shift+click to select a series of consecutive slides.
- Ctrl+click to select several non-consecutive slides.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all slides in your quiz.
Then, do any of the following:
You can organize slides into one or more question groups to give your quiz a logical structure. You can even randomize slides in each question group, so learners won't see the same questions in the same order. To learn how, see Using Question Groups to Pool and Randomize Questions.
Sometimes it's helpful to collapse groups, so it’s easier to work with other parts of your quiz. To collapse a group, click the minus sign (-) beside its header. To expand a group, click the plus sign (+) beside its header.
To rearrange your quiz, select one or more slides in the question list, then do any of the following:
- Use your mouse to drag the slides to a new location in the list.
- Click Move Question or Move Group on the Quizmaker ribbon, then choose Up or Down.
- Right-click, scroll to Move Question or Move Group, then choose Up or Down.
To edit a slide, select it in the question list, then do any of the following:
- Double-click it.
- Click Edit Question on the ribbon.
- Right-click it and choose Edit Question.
To delete slides, select one or more slides in the question list, then do either of the following:
- Click Delete Question or Delete Group on the ribbon.
- Right-click and choose Delete Question or Delete Group.
By default, every quiz includes a result slide. This result slide is displayed to learners when they complete the quiz. To edit or remove it, click the Edit Result button on the ribbon.
To define the title, passing score, timer, and default settings for question slides, click Quiz Properties on the ribbon. To learn about setting quiz properties, see this user guide.
You can also set the number of attempts and points for each question directly in the question list. Just click in the Attempts column or the Points column for the question you want to edit, and enter a value.
To check the spelling in your quiz, do either of the following:
- Press F7.
- Click Spelling on the ribbon.
To set your spelling preferences, see this user guide.