If you're using a learning management system (LMS) to track e-learning content, you'll want to use the LMS publishing option in Quizmaker 360.
- Enter Title, Description, and Folder Location
- Enter Additional Project Info (Optional)
- Adjust the Player Properties and Quality Settings
- Choose Reporting and Tracking Options
- Distribute Your Published Quiz
- Go to the Home tab on the Quizmaker ribbon and click Publish.
- When the Publish window appears, select the LMS tab on the left.
- Enter the Title the way you want it to appear in your published output. It defaults to the name of your project file. (Changing the title won't affect the name of your project file.)
- Use the Description field to give learners a synopsis of your quiz.
- Use the Folder field to indicate where you want to publish your quiz—for example, your computer desktop. Click the ellipsis button (...) to browse to a location. Quizmaker will create a new folder in that spot with all the files needed to operate your quiz.
Important: Always publish to your local hard drive. Publishing to a network drive or a USB drive can cause problems with your published output due to latency. After publishing to your local hard drive, upload the output to your LMS for testing.
Click the ellipsis button (...) next to the Title field to define additional project information. Currently, this information is for your reference only. It won’t be visible in your published output.
- The Title and Description fields are the same as those on the Publish window (see the previous step).
- The image below the Title field is the quiz thumbnail. By default, Quizmaker uses an image of the first slide in your quiz, but you can choose a different image. Just click the hyperlinked text below the image, then select a different slide or click Picture from File to choose an image on your hard drive.
- Enter values for Author, Email, Website, Duration, Date, Version, and Keywords if you'd like.
- The first Identifier is a unique string of characters assigned by Quizmaker that your LMS uses to identify your quiz. If you're republishing a quiz that's already in your LMS, don't change the value in this field.
When you're finished customizing the project information, click OK to return to the Publish window.
Use the Properties section of the Publish window to make last-minute changes to your quiz player and quality settings.
- The Player property shows the name of the player currently assigned to your project. (The player is the interface learners see around the perimeter of your quiz.) To make adjustments to your player, click the player name to open the player editor.
- The Quality property lets you control the compression settings for audio clips, videos, and pictures. The quality settings default to whatever you used the last time you published a quiz. To change them, click Quality, make your adjustments, and click OK.
- Choose Standard if you want to use the default settings: optimal video quality of 5, audio bitrate of 56 kbps, and image quality of 80%.
- Choose Custom if you want to define your own quality settings. Drag the slider for any of the three values to change the compression. Higher values give you higher-quality output but also larger file sizes (which means longer download times). Lower values give you smaller file sizes and faster download times, but the visual and audio quality will be lower as well.
Tip: Image compression only applies to JPG files.
- Mark the Optimize Audio Volume box to normalize audio throughout your quiz for consistent volume.
Tip: If your quiz audio already has consistent volume, you can speed up the publishing process by unchecking this option.
Click the Reporting and Tracking button to open the following window, where you can choose how your LMS reports and tracks learners' progress.
- Choose a specification from the LMS drop-down. Ask your LMS administrator if you're not sure which spec to use. Quizmaker supports Tin Can API (xAPI), SCORM 2004, SCORM 1.2, and AICC.
- Complete the fields in the section called LMS Course Information and, if you're publishing for SCORM, the section called LMS Lesson SCORM Information.
- If you choose Tin Can API as your reporting specification, you'll see a field called Launch URL. Enter the full URL for the quiz.html file if you plan to host the content on a server that's separate from your LMS.
- The Identifier is a unique string of characters assigned by Quizmaker that your LMS uses to identify your quiz. If you're republishing a quiz that's already in your LMS, don't change the value in this field.
- In the LMS Reporting section, choose the wording you want your LMS to display for learners' statuses in reports. (This section isn’t available for Tin Can API content.)
- Click OK to save your changes.
When you're finished making selections, click the Publish button. When the publishing process is complete, you’ll see the Publish Successful window with several follow-up options.
This launches the published quiz in your default web browser. However, it’s best to upload the published quiz to your LMS for proper testing.
This opens a new email message with a zip file of your published quiz attached.
This option is helpful if you need to send your quiz to an LMS administrator for deployment.
This opens a window where you can enter your FTP credentials and transfer your output to a server.
This creates a zipped version of your quiz files in the same location where your quiz was published.
This is the most common choice when you publish for LMS. Upload the zipped quiz to your LMS.
This opens a file viewer where you can see the files Quizmaker just created. There will be multiple files and folders for a published quiz.
Tip: If your LMS requires you to identify the file that launches your quiz, point to index_lms.html for SCORM/AICC content or quiz.html for Tin Can API content.
Now that you've published your quiz, it's time to upload it to your LMS. The steps for this are different for each LMS. Contact your LMS administrator if you need help uploading, launching, or tracking content.