In this tutorial, we'll explore starting a new Articulate Replay project.
To start a new project, do any of the following:
- On the Replay launch screen, click New Project.
- Click the round Articulate button in the upper left corner, and choose New.
- Press Ctrl+N on your keyboard.
To start a new project and create a screen recording at the same time, click Record Screen on the Replay launch screen.
To save a new project, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+S.
- Click the Save icon on the Quick Access Toolbar in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click the round Articulate button in the upper left corner, and choose Save or Save As.
If you attempt to close Replay without saving a new project, you'll be prompted to save it.
To avoid unexpected behavior, save projects to your local hard drive (typically your C: drive). For more tips on managing your project files, see this tutorial.
Your Replay project will automatically adjust to accommodate your video clips. It'll be as wide as your widest video and as tall as your tallest video. Video clips and images that are smaller than these dimensions will be centered on the stage and scaled up.
For example, let's say you add two video clips to a Replay project. One is 1,920 x 1,080. The other is 1,280 x 720. Replay will publish an MP4 file that is 1,920 x 1,080 (matching your largest video clip), and the smaller of your video clips will be scaled up to 1,920 x 1,080.
Since scaling can lower the quality of your published output, we recommend using video clips with the same dimensions.