Articulate Storyline has 20 types of graded and survey questions. They're form-based, which makes them quick and easy to assemble. (If you'd like more flexibility to create your own interactive questions, see Adding Freeform Questions.)
Step 1: Insert a Question Slide
Here's how to insert a form-based question slide into your course:
- First, do any of the following to open the Insert Slides window:
- Press Ctrl+M.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon and click New Slide.
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon and click New Slide.
- In Story View, right-click anywhere in the workspace and choose New Slide.
- In Slide View, right-click anywhere in the Scenes panel on the left side of the screen and choose New Slide.
- When the Insert Slides window appears, select the Quizzing tab on the left.
- Click either Graded or Survey at the top of the window, then choose a question type. When you click a thumbnail, the right side of the window shows a description of that question type.
- Click Insert.
Step 2: Enter Question Text and Answer Choices
When you insert a question slide, it'll open in Form View. Type your question into the field at the top of the window and the answer choices below it. For many of the graded question types, you must also indicate which answer is correct—just select the radio button or check box for the correct response(s).
Step 3: Customize Question Properties
After inserting a graded question, you can customize several of its attributes, including shuffling of answer choices, feedback, branching, score, and number of attempts. To learn how, see Working with the Question Editor.