Previewing is a great way to see the changes you've made to your Articulate Storyline course without actually publishing.
Previewing an Entire Course
To preview your entire course, do any of the following:
- Press F12 on your keyboard.
- Click the Preview button on any tab of the Storyline ribbon.
- Click the Preview icon in the lower right corner of the Storyline window.
Previewing Part of a Course
To preview just a portion of your course, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+F12 to preview the current slide.
- Press Shift+F12 to preview the current scene.
- Click the Preview drop-down arrow on any tab of the Storyline ribbon, then choose to preview the current slide, the current scene, or the whole course.
Using the Preview Options
Use the buttons on the Preview ribbon to do any of the following.
- Close Preview: This closes the Preview window and takes you back to wherever you were prior to previewing.
- Select: This lets you preview a different slide in your course.
- Replay: Click this button to replay the preview again. To preview a different portion of the course, click the drop-down arrow and choose one of the available options.
- Edit Slide: This takes you to Slide View of the slide you're currently previewing.
You can also use the buttons in the lower right corner to close the preview and jump to Story View or Slide View.
Items That Aren't Available During Preview
Although most content displays during preview just like it would in the published output, there are a few items that are unavailable during preview. They are:
- Videos from websites, such as Screenr, YouTube, and Vimeo
- Web objects
- Interactions imported from Articulate Engage
- Print results
- Hyperlinks may not work during preview. We recommend publishing to test hyperlinks.