A video screencast can be edited like any other video in Articulate Storyline. Just right-click it and select Edit Video. When the built-in video editor opens, you can trim and crop to show only the portions you want; adjust the volume, brightness, and contrast to improve quality; and add a logo or watermark for branding. Learn more about the video editor here.
Use the Video Tools—Options tab on the ribbon to adjust the video’s properties, including its relative volume, timing, controls, and more. See this user guide for details.
Step-by-step slides can be edited like other slides in Storyline. You can duplicate them, add completely new slides, and delete them when necessary.
You also have complete control over the contents of each slide. You can modify the captions, hotspots, data-entry fields, mouse movements, and feedback layers that Storyline automatically created for you—or add your own content.
You can even change the starting and ending frames for each slide in a step-by-step screen recording. This is particularly useful when you need to cut out a mistake or remove an unnecessary step. Here’s how:
- Right-click anywhere on the slide you want to modify and select Action Fine Tuning.
- Drag the starting and ending markers along the timeline until you've selected the clip you want to keep.
For even greater precision, select Update Start Frame or Update End Frame in the lower left corner, then click the Previous Frame and Next Frame buttons to move the starting/ending point along the timeline one frame at a time.
- Use the play/pause button to preview what the slide will look like with your changes.
- If you want to undo the changes you made, click Reset Original Timing in the lower right corner.
- To fine tune other slides without closing and reopening the editor, use the drop-down at the top of the window or click Previous Slide/Next Slide.
- When you're finished, click OK to close the editor.