Choose Your Own E-Learning Challenge Topic #129

Choose Your E-Learning Challenge #378: Challenge | Recap

Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to choose your e-learning challenge topic and build an example for that challenge. 

Feel free to catch up on previous challenges, or come up with something entirely different. Who knows? Your entry might inspire the next e-learning challenge!

Include Your Topic with Your Entry

When you post your your example, please tell us your challenge topic by introducing your entry with, “This week, my challenge was to. . ." 

This will help others know what to look for when viewing your example.

New Entries Only!

There’s only one catch. Your entry this week must be original. So you can’t reuse an example you shared in a previous challenge. 

You can, however, rework a previous entry. For example, if you want to share a Progress Bar (#368) demo, your challenge could be more specific, like vertical progress meters or an image-based progress bar. This way, you could modify something you shared in a previous challenge.

Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start  your own thread and share a link to your published example..
  • Personal blog:  If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
  • Social Media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.

Last Week’s Challenge: 

Before you choose your topic, check out the quick and dirty cover slide examples your fellow challengers shared over the past week:

Quick and Dirty Image Effect for E-Learning Cover Slides #377

E-Learning Cover Slides #377: Challenge | Recap

New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challengesanytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article.

89 Comments
Rebecca Govin
Judy Nollet

My challenge was to program two sliders that both control one image in different ways. One slider adjusts the brightness of the image, and the other adjusts the contrast. Oh, and there are also two versions of the image: one in black-and-white and one in color. Here's how it ended up: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b70737fd-b056-499b-9287-7b74d7cc990e/review Soooooo many layers, states, and triggers to deal with! But I saved myself *some* effort by having the interactive objects toggle a T/F variable. I never used the actual value of that variable. But the toggling gave me a "when" to use for the triggers that showed layers or adjusted states. P.S. I have to confess that I didn't create this interaction this week. It's a challenge I gave myself a few years ago. Howev... Expand

Judy Nollet

Hi, Jodi & Yvonne. I'm glad you like this interaction. I'm not willing to share the file. I will share a bit about how it was programmed. — I used a separate layer to show the image for each possible combination of brightness & contrast values. — When either slider moves, a complete set of "show layer" triggers run. Those all have conditions that check for the values of the brightness and contrast slider variables. Thanks to those conditions, only the trigger with the current values shows a layer. — The image on each layer has a state for the B&W image and a state for the color image. Triggers on each layer show the appropriate state based on which image is selected. FYI: There are other ways to achieve the same results. For example, every variation could be a separate state in on... Expand

Daniel Canaveral
Daniel Canaveral
Jodi M. Sansone
Samuel Apata
Samuel Apata

Hi Yvonne! Sure thing. The graphic was sourced from BIG Immersive. The game uses the same concept as when you hit Pause/Play on a looping video. I'll attempt to break it down in a few steps: 1. Open a new Storyline file and add the background image with Luna missing. 2. Import Luna's cutout image as a .PNG file and rescale it to match its shell. 3. Drag Luna off-stage to the left and add a motion path so Luna ends up on the right side, off-stage. (Important: Your timeline, as well as the motion path, must be adjusted to end at 2 seconds) 4. Create a new layer and add a trigger to show the new layer when the motion path on Luna completes. 5. Create another trigger to pause timeline of the main slide when the user clicks Luna. 6. On the new layer, draw a hotspot over the entire area... Expand

Natalie Friedman
Yvonne Urra-Bazain
Andreas Fischer
Drew Kunkel
Jonathan Hill
Rémi Rondin
Julia Sallamack
Yami Reshetov
Hilla Schlegel
Mackenzie Stolz

Hey, everyone! This is my very first course with Storyline 360. I plan on adding a few more slides to it, but wanted to get it on here in time for this week's challenge. For this challenge, I chose to create an accordion-style project about Hadrian's Villa in Tivoli, Italy. When I visited last year, I was extremely disappointed in the organization of their audio guide, so I set out to create a more user-friendly guide to the site. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I learn the software and try to build skills! https://360.articulate.com/review/content/84e878c5-03b8-4974-8d18-a52f3b2c6894/review References: https://www.worldhistory.org/article/1750/visitors-guide-to-the-monuments-of-hadrians-villa/ http://web.mit.edu/21h.405/www/hadrian/Hadrian%27s%20Villa/Canopus.html ht... Expand

Joe Dey
Tonya Ratliff-Garrison