Mixology and Beverage-Making Classes with E-Learning #381

Beverage-Making Techniques #381: Challenge | Recap

This week we're taking a deep dive into the art of making drinks. Whether it's the perfect cup of coffee or uncovering the secret to a good margarita, this week's challenge will help us all improve our drink-making skills. Below are a few recent examples to help you get started.

Mixing ScrewDrivers in Storyline 360

Mixing ScrewDrivers in Storyline 360

Example | Learn more | Richard Watson | Website | @rwatsonID

How to Make Pour Over Coffee

How to Make Pour Over Coffee

Example | Syed Ahmed Hasan | Website

How to Make a Margarita

How to Make a Margarita

Example | Jackie Blum | Website

Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to create a step-by-step example that demonstrates how to make a beverage.

Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start  your own thread and share a link to your published example..
  • Personal blog:  If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
  • Social Media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.

Last Week’s Challenge:

To help you get shaken (not stirred) for this week’s beverage-making challenge, check out the creative drag-and-drop examples your fellow designers shared over the past week.

Simulating Real-World Activities with Drag-and-Drop Interactions #380

Drag-and-Drop Practice Activities #380: Challenge | Recap

New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article.

Quick Note About the Recap Posts on LinkedIn

I like to promote the recaps with your examples on LinkedIn. I use the #elhchallenge and #elearningchallenge tags to help others in the community find your examples. And most of the time, I tag you individually in the post. I find it helps boost the posts across your networks.

I've recently heard from some folks who felt excluded because I didn't tag them in my LinkedIn recap posts. When that happens, it's because we're not connected or I couldn't find your profile.

When that happens, let me know. I'm more than happy to update the post to credit your work. I know these demos take a few hours to make. That's a significant investment, so I like you to get as much mileage as possible from your work.

113 Comments
Jonathan Hill
Jonathan Hill
Jonathan Hill
Jodi M. Sansone
Tracy Carroll
Ron Katz
Chris Hodgson
Rebecca Govin
Yvonne Urra-Bazain
Jodi M. Sansone
Trevor Newsome

Good evening! So excited to share another project with you all! This week, I wanted the project to be a bit more instructional than my first two, and I gained a lot of inspiration from looking at all of your projects! So, I landed on making a smoothie. I am relatively happy with it, but ran into one issue. If you check it out, you'll notice on the milk pouring slides that the pouring animation is jacked up. I'm still learning Adobe and Storyline and could not figure out for the life of me how to get an animation from After Effects into the presentation with a transparent background! I read through some old discussions and tried to troubleshoot, but eventually I had to wave the white flag, haha. I ended up needing to use a patchy workaround, and for one of the last slides when you actually ... Expand

Yvonne Urra-Bazain
Trevor Newsome
Yvonne Urra-Bazain
Yvonne Urra-Bazain