- Read Comments
- Post Comments
- Edit Comments
- Delete Comments
- Resolve and Reopen Comments
- Export Comments to CSV and PDF Files
- Disable and Re-Enable Comments
All reviewers can view comments. And there are different ways to work with comments, depending on whether you’re using the review tab or the feedback tab.
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
The review tab is the default view for Review 360 items. It’s where you interact with course content and watch videos. And the sidebar lists comments for the content that’s currently displayed on the screen.
- For Storyline and Studio courses, comments are tied to specific slides, so the comments you see in the sidebar change as you move from one slide to another.
- For Rise courses, comments are lesson-specific, so the comments in the sidebar change as you switch lessons.
- For video content, all comments display in the sidebar simultaneously, with the newest thread on top. To see a comment in context, click its hyperlinked timestamp to jump directly to that point in the video. Brilliant!
Collapse and expand the comment sidebar by clicking the arrow in the upper right corner. Sometimes it’s helpful to collapse the sidebar to have more space to view the content, especially on small screens.
Reviewers who sign in with an Articulate ID see helpful badges for unread comments. A blue dot appears next to individual unread comments in the sidebar, and a red badge with the total number of unread comments appears next to the feedback tab at the top of the screen. Mark comments as read by clicking them, replying to them, or using the More (•••) icon in the top right corner of the screen to Mark All as Read.
The feedback tab lets you see all comments for a Review 360 item on one screen. Each thread has a screenshot to show you exactly how the content looked when the first comment was posted. These screenshots help you see feedback in context so you know what changes are needed. Click the screenshots to zoom in and out.
Change how comments are sorted for Storyline, Studio, and Rise courses. Click the sorting icon in the upper right corner to toggle between slide/lesson order and chronological order.
- Video content always displays comments in chronological order, with the newest thread on top.
- Comments for deleted Storyline 360 slides display below a "Scene not found" section.
Reviewers who sign in with an Articulate ID see helpful badges for unread comments. A blue dot appears next to individual unread comments, and a red badge with the total number of unread comments appears next to the feedback tab at the top of the screen. You can mark comments as read by clicking them, replying to them, or using the More (•••) icon in the top right corner of the screen to Mark All as Read.
All reviewers can add comments, emojis, @mentions, and attachments. The process is the same for both the review and feedback tabs.
How to Post Comments
It’s super-easy to comment on a Review 360 item. Place your cursor in a comment box or reply field, type your comment or paste text from your clipboard, then press Enter on your keyboard or click the Post button. If you change your mind, click Cancel.
When you start a new discussion thread, a screenshot of the content as it currently appears is automatically generated and attached to your comment. If you’re watching a video, the screenshot is captured as soon as you start typing. You’ll see these screenshots on the feedback tab.
Reviewers who subscribe to all comments will receive email notifications for new comments you post. And when you reply to an existing thread, you’ll see a list of reviewers who will be notified of your comment below the text-entry field.
Tip: If you aren’t signed in to Review 360 with an Articulate ID, you’ll be prompted to enter your email address when you click inside a comment field. This allows you to receive notifications when other reviewers reply to your comments. (If you have an Articulate account, you’ll be prompted to enter your password.)
Give your comments more personality with emojis. If you’re using a device with an emoji keyboard, simply tap the emojis you want to add to your comments. Or, click the emoji icon in the comment field and select emojis from the list.
Direct your comments to specific reviewers by tagging them. Here are two ways to tag people.
- Type @ followed by the person’s name or email address. A list of reviewers will appear as you type. Select the person you want to tag from the list.
- Click the @mention icon in the comment field and choose a reviewer from the list that appears.
Who’s included in the @mention pick list? Great question! Everyone who has already commented on the current item appears on the list. And if you’re a member of an Articulate 360 Teams account, all your team members also appear in the list.
Add attachments to comments to keep your team on the same page. Attach images, videos, audio tracks, and more!
- To add an attachment, click the paper clip icon in the comment field, then browse to the file you want to attach.
- To download an attachment, just click it and choose where you want to save it.
- To delete an attachment, hover over it and click the X that appears. (You can only delete attachments that you uploaded.)
You can attach up to five files per comment. Learn more about attachments.
All reviewers can edit their own comments. Here’s how.
- Hover over your comment, click the drop-down arrow that appears, and choose Edit.
- Change the text, emojis, @mentions, and attachments as needed. See above for details.
- Press the Enter key or click the Post button to save your changes.
Tip: If you don’t see a drop-down arrow when you hover over your comments, you’ll need to sign in to Review 360 with your Articulate ID or click inside a comment/reply field and enter your email address when prompted.
All reviewers can delete their own comments. Hover over the comment you want to delete, click the drop-down arrow that appears, and choose Delete.
Here are some tips for deleting comments:
- While all reviewers can delete their own comments, the content owner can delete any comment by any reviewer.
- When you delete the first comment in a discussion thread, the entire thread gets deleted.
- You can't restore deleted comments. If you need to refer to a comment later, try resolving it rather than deleting it.
- If you don’t see a drop-down arrow when you hover over comments, you’ll need to sign in to Review 360 with your Articulate ID or click inside a comment/reply field and enter your email address when prompted.
Avoid confusion by resolving comments that have been addressed or are no longer relevant.
How to Resolve Comments
All reviewers can resolve comments. It’s easy! Hover over an individual comment or the first comment in a discussion thread, then click the checkmark icon that appears. Depending on your settings, the comment or thread will disappear or fade into the background.
Tip: If you don’t see a checkmark icon when you hover over comments, you'll need to sign in to Review 360 with your Articulate ID or click inside a comment/reply field and enter your email address when prompted.
How to Show or Hide Resolved Comments
By default, resolved comments disappear. To see resolved comments, click the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Show Resolved Comments. They’ll reappear with a faded or desaturated look so you can distinguish them from comments that are still open.
To make resolved comments disappear again, click the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner and choose Hide Resolved Comments.
The show/hide setting is specific to each Review 360 item, so you can show resolved comments in one item and hide them in another. Review 360 remembers your choice, so you don’t have to reset it every time you open an item.
How to Reopen Comments
Sometimes you need to reopen a comment or discussion that was previously resolved. No problem! First, show resolved comments as described above, then hover over the comment and click the green check mark icon that appears.
Export comments from a Review 360 item for analysis, backup, or regulatory requirements. Here’s how.
- First, make sure you’re signed in to Review 360 with an Articulate ID.
- Then, click the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Export Comments.
- Use the Comment Order drop-down list to choose how you want to organize comments in your report.
- Choose either CSV or PDF from the Export Format drop-down list.
- Click Export and choose where you want to save your report.
All comments for all versions of the Review 360 item get exported to a single report. However, to include resolved comments in the PDF export, set the item to Show Resolved Comments first via the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner before exporting.
Only the content owner can turn off comments. Here’s what happens when comments are disabled:
- The sidebar disappears from the review tab, and the feedback tab disappears altogether.
- If the review item already had comments, you won’t be able to read them unless you export them to a report.
If the content owner enables comments again, all pre-existing comments will reappear. (Re-enable comments by clicking the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner and choosing Enable Comments.)