Quizmaker 360 lets you shuffle (randomize) answer choices for many question types. You can even shuffle some answer choices while others remain stationary on the same question slide.
- Setting the Default Shuffling Behavior for All New Questions
- Shuffling All Answer Choices on a Question Slide
- Shuffling Some Answers but Not Others on the Same Question Slide
You can turn shuffling on or off and make it the default option for all new questions. Here's how:
- Switch to Question List View.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon and click Quiz Properties.
- Select the Question Defaults tab on the left side of the window.
- Mark the Shuffle answers box to enable shuffling for new questions. Uncheck it to disable shuffling for new questions.
- Click OK.
Tip: Existing questions won't be affected when you change the default setting, so it's a good idea to set question defaults before adding slides to your quiz. You can override the default setting for any question by changing the Shuffle setting for that particular question (see below).
To turn shuffling on or off for an individual question, do either of the following:
- In Form View, go to the Home tab on the ribbon, and use the Shuffle drop-down to select Answers or None.
- In Slide View, go to the Question panel on the right side of the window, and use the Shuffle drop-down to select Answers or None.
Want to shuffle some answer choices on a particular question slide, but not others? You can do that. Here's how:
- In Form View, go to the Home tab on the ribbon and select Answers from the Shuffle drop-down. This turns on shuffling for the question.
- Then, right-click each answer choice that you don't want to shuffle and select Anchor Choice. This locks the answer choice in its current position; it won't get shuffled with the other answer choices.
Each answer choice that's anchored in place will display a chain link icon. If you change your mind, right-click the answer choice again and select Remove Anchor.