Whether you’re mulling over an Articulate 360 subscription or have already subscribed, you may have wondered: How is Articulate 360 Teams different from Articulate 360?
Let’s take a closer look at Articulate 360 Teams so you can see what all the buzz is about.
What Is Articulate 360 Teams?
In a nutshell, a subscription to Articulate 360 Teams includes all the apps and resources from an individual Articulate 360 subscription and optimizes it for companies. With an Articulate 360 Teams subscription, your team gets access to award-winning Articulate 360, exclusive collaboration features, simple account management, and priority support. (I should note that any company that wants the ability to transfer seats when someone leaves or changes roles needs Articulate 360 Teams.)
To be more specific, Articulate 360 Teams gives your team:
Team Access to Award-Winning Articulate 360: When everyone on your team has access to the tools in Articulate 360, just imagine how much easier life will be! No more wondering which version of the software so-and-so has installed before you send them that project file. No more sweating which version of the software has a certain feature and which doesn’t. With Articulate 360 Teams, new features roll out to everyone on the team, in real time, across all instances of the software. This means you and your team are always working from the same version with all the latest features.
Exclusive Collaboration Features: Articulate 360 Teams subscribers can collaborate on Rise courses at the same time and share block templates to further speed up course development. And with Articulate Storyline 360, you can share slides across the team.
With Rise, you and your team can work together on Rise courses, creating and editing different lessons at the same time—or taking turns fine-tuning the same one. Changes happen in real time, so everyone is always working on the most recent version. Teams collaborate even more efficiently with features like shared blocks templates that allow them to design a custom block lesson once, and reuse it across the team. And because Rise courses are fully responsive, the courses your team creates look beautiful and work great on every device.
And with Articulate Storyline 360, your team can create a library of shared team slides that everyone can access right from Storyline 360. Upload branded project templates, share slides that need to be in every course, and give teammates access to reusable slide content.
Learn more about adding collaborators in Rise, creating and sharing block templates, and about team slides in Storyline 360.
Simple Account Management: Depending on your environment, people on training project teams may come and go … and come and go. With Articulate 360 Teams, your administrator (a central point of contact for your team—often a manager) can assign and re-assign user “seats” as needed. That means no more scrambling for software licenses when team members change.
And with consolidated billing, everyone’s subscription renews at the same time, providing you and your team with easy, predictable budgeting that saves time and hassles.
- Priority Support: Uh-oh! You’ve just run into an out-of-left-field problem. Your project’s progress is at a standstill and you’ve got a looming deadline. What next? Well, with Articulate 360 Teams, you get priority support, meaning your case will always be tops on our list.
Who’s It For?
Whether your organization is small or large, when you need flexibility and centralized administration of your subscriptions and billing, Articulate 360 Teams is the way to go. You can even have a team of one! To paint a clearer picture, here are a few examples of some of the many Articulate 360 Teams customers we’ve worked with:
- Consulting Firms: In a consulting environment, work teams adapt to the constantly evolving needs of clients and projects. With Articulate 360 Teams, those workers get a steady stream of exclusive collaboration features that enhance their productivity and allow them to be more responsive.
- Universities: Academic institutions love Articulate 360 Teams. In addition to the powerful and flexible authoring capabilities, universities find that consolidated billing makes it a whole lot easier to get budget approval from administrators.
- Global Organizations: Organizations looking to equip their e-learning teams across the globe with the easiest-to-use suite of e-learning development tools have told us they turn to Articulate 360 Teams because it gives them the centralized subscription management they’re looking for to control costs and streamline productivity,
So how do you know if you’re a good fit for an Articulate 360 Teams subscription? Try asking yourself these three easy questions:
- Are you a freelancer/contractor or a company? If you work for a company, whether it’s on a large team or as a one-person training department, choose an Articulate 360 Teams subscription so your company owns the subscription. If you’re a freelancer or contractor, an individual Articulate 360 subscription is a perfect fit since you’ll own the subscription yourself.
- Does your team need a smarter way to manage subscription billing? Articulate 360 Teams subscribers get access to exclusive account management features and consolidated billing that makes budgeting easy and predictable.
- Should everyone on my team use the same version of software? If you’ve answered yes to this one, that’s great! Articulate 360 Teams makes the process of keeping everyone updated with the same version of software even easier. And if you’ve answered no, you may want to jot down a quick list of the potential software versioning headaches you could avoid with an Articulate 360 Teams subscription and keep those in mind as you weigh your options.
Bottom line: when it comes to choosing the right course development tools for your needs, we know you’ve got a lot of decisions to make. And if one of those decisions involves making life easier for your entire e-learning team, an Articulate 360 Teams subscription could be the answer you’ve been searching for.
Intrigued? You can learn more about Articulate 360 Teams with these handy resources on E-Learning Heroes:
- Watch this Getting Started with Articulate 360 Teams video from our CTO, Arlyn.
- Visit the Articulate 360 Teams product page to learn more about all the features.
- Explore this guided walk-through of the Articulate 360 Teams administrator console, also from Arlyn.
What questions do you have about Articulate 360 Teams? Comment here, or post them in our Building Better Courses forum, and we’ll get you hooked up with some answers—pronto. And we’d love for you to follow us on Twitter, where we post the latest and greatest news about everything e-learning.
Want to try something you learned here, but don’t have Articulate software? Get a free 30-day trial of Articulate 360 to check out Storyline 360, Content Library, Articulate Review, and more. Also, be sure to come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning.