Quizmaker 360: Publishing a Standalone Quiz to Review 360
Publish your quiz to Review 360 to collect feedback from stakeholders. It’s a great way to collaborate on a project before distributing the finalized quiz to learners.
- Choose to Publish a New Item or Update an Existing Item
- Change the Quiz Thumbnail Image
- Adjust the Player Properties and Quality Settings
- Distribute Your Published Quiz
Step 1: Choose to Publish a New Item or Update an Existing Item
- Go to the Home tab on the Quizmaker ribbon and click Publish.
- When the Publish window appears, select the Review 360 tab on the left. (If you have an Articulate 360 tab instead of Review 360, update Studio 360 to see all the latest enhancements. We changed the name to Review 360 on January 23, 2019.)
- Choose to publish a new item or update an existing item:
- Create a new item: Mark this option to publish a brand new content item to Review 360, then give it a title. (The title defaults to the name of your project file. Changing the title here won't affect the name of your project file.) Note that the title on the player will display up to 80 characters.
- Publish a new version of an existing item: Mark this option to update an existing content item in Review 360, then select the item you want to update. (Review 360 keeps track of version history, so you can still view previously published versions of the content item.)
Step 2 (Optional): Change the Quiz Thumbnail Image
By default, Quizmaker uses an image of the first slide in your quiz as the thumbnail image on your Review 360 home page, but you can choose a different image.
- Temporarily switch to the Web tab on the left side of the Publish window.
- Click the ellipsis button (...) beside the Title field to open the Project Info window.
- Click the hyperlinked text below the default image, then select a different slide in your quiz or click Picture from File to choose an image on your hard drive.
- Click OK to close the Project Info window.
- Switch back to the Review 360 tab on the left side of the Publish window to finish the publishing process.
Step 3: Adjust the Player Properties and Quality Settings
Use the Properties section of the Publish window to make last-minute changes to your quiz player and quality settings.
- The Player property shows the name of the player currently assigned to your project. (The player is the interface viewers see around the perimeter of your quiz.) To make adjustments to your player, click the player name to open the player editor.
- The Quality property lets you control the compression settings for audio clips, videos, and pictures. The quality settings default to whatever you used the last time you published a quiz. To change them, click Quality, make your adjustments, and click OK.
- Choose Standard if you want to use the default settings: optimal video quality of 5, audio bitrate of 56 kbps, and image quality of 80%.
- Choose Custom if you want to define your own quality settings. Drag the slider for any of the three values to change the compression. Higher values give you higher-quality output but also larger file sizes (which means longer download times). Lower values give you smaller file sizes and faster download times, but the visual and audio quality will be lower as well.
Tip: Image compression only applies to JPG files.
- Mark the Optimize Audio Volume box to normalize audio throughout your quiz for consistent volume.
Tip: If your quiz audio already has consistent volume, you can speed up the publishing process by unchecking this option.
Step 4: Publish
When you're finished making selections, click the Publish button.
Your content gets published and uploaded to Review 360 all at once. How fast this happens depends on the size of your quiz and your internet connection.
When the Publish Successful window appears, click View Quiz to open Review 360 in your default web browser and manage the quiz you just uploaded.
Step 5: Distribute Your Published Quiz
To give viewers access to your published quiz:
- Open your web browser to your Review 360 home page and click your quiz to open it.
- Click Share in the upper right corner.
- If you want to password-protect your quiz, mark the box to Set a password and enter a password in the field provided.
- Copy the shareable link, then send it to your viewers. Be sure to give them the password, too, if you added one.
If you don’t want viewers to post comments on your quiz, click the ellipsis (...) button in the upper right corner and choose Disable comments.