Articulate Prestenter 360 to MP4 output

Mar 29, 2021

Can we have a new publishing feature to compose the eLearning and publish it as MP4 video output with all media sync in place.

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello SibaPrasad,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you would like to do.

Publishing Presenter 360 to video is not one of the available publishing options.

You do have the ability to publish Storyline 360 to video:

Storyline 360: Publishing a Course to a Video File

Here's how you can import your PowerPoint file into Storyline:

Storyline 360: Importing Slides from PowerPoint

SibaPrasad Padhi

Hi we know the process to publish from Storyline to MP4 and that is a tedious task to import from PPT and look into al slides retain and arrange animation, sync audio etc.

Can't this be simpler in Presenter directly?

Why is there is a work around that take so much of time?

Dave Neuweiler

Hi SibaPrasad.

A few years back a customer wanted a Presenter project converted to video. I was able to do this by programming the Presenter project to play from start to finish with no user intervention (no "click here" or Next page options). At the front, I added a screen to fade up from black, and another screen at the end to fade to black.

For publishing, I set the quality options form images and audio to their highest settings, and set the player up with no sidebars in order to get the largest display screen that I could.

After publishing to Web Delivery, I used Replay to screen capture the entire presentation.

This process took some trial-and-error to get things to work as I wanted (audio levels, timing the start of the recording in Replay, etc.), but the end product was quite good.

If you want to try this, and have questions along the way, let me know and I'll try to help.

Best Regards,

Dave

SibaPrasad Padhi

HI Dave, 

Thanks for the reply and workaround solution. But this will not help as we need to spend double the time of production and for volume based production also this will not work. As Articulate stop the development we need to move with Camtasia for these kind of production request. As video based output is one of integral part of digital output, we don't know why the development of this tool is stopped.