Articlulate 360 - Closed Captions in mp4 Videos

Oct 14, 2019

When publishing in Scorm, we've been able to successfully incorporate closed captions however, when we publish to mp4, the captions are not appearing.  Any ideas on how this can be resolved?

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 73, we’ve included important fixes and new features!

One new feature we’ve included:

Boost video accessibility by including closed captions when publishing projects as MP4 video files.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

11 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you would like to create with your published project.

We have an open feature request we are currently tracking to include the closed captions with the mp4 publish format.

I've added this conversation to the report as well so that we can update you when we have any additional news.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Ruth and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

I appreciate you chiming in for an update. This is a feature request that we are continuing to track, but it has not made it to the top of the list yet.

You can see the upcoming items here:

Articulate 360 Feature Roadmap

As I mentioned above, this conversation is linked to our report, so we'll chime in here when we have an update to share.

Jonathon Casterline

A work-a-round that I have used is:

1. Publish the course as an .mp4

2. Create a new slide (either in a new course or a separate scene in the course)

3. import the published output .mp4 to the new slide

4. Create CC for the entire published video (copy and paste CC text from the single slides in the project into the new slide if needed).

5. Export the CC file for the full video (from the slide with the entire published video).

6. Host the published video on a platform that allows you to add a CC file to a video

7. Add the exported CC file from Storyline to the video that is hosted

Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 73, we’ve included important fixes and new features!

One new feature we’ve included:

Boost video accessibility by including closed captions when publishing projects as MP4 video files.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!