Forum Discussion

ChrisWant419
Community Member
4 months ago

Automatic closed captions

Hi all

Has automatic closed captions been added to Storyline yet please?

I am currently doing several screen recordings, including audio, where show (video), show (slides), try and test modes will be used. 

If closed captions are not automatic, do you have any advice on how I can import closed captions to match for each of the 4 modes within each screen recording please?

Thanks as always for you answers and suggestions in advance!

• Hi Chris!

Automatic closed captions isn't a feature in Storyline yet! We do have this logged as a feature request so I've added your vote and comments so that we can update you when it makes it on our feature roadmap.

If you've created a script that you're following in the screen recording, you can import the captions. However, I understand this will be a heavier lift than automatically adding closed captions.

I'm interested to hear what approaches other community members take when adding closed captioning to screen recordings in Storyline 360! 

ChrisWant419
    Community Member

Thanks Lauren for your response and adding my vote.
    I think this would be a very welcome feature, which is ever more available on other applications.

I will continue to export the video, upload to Microsoft Stream to get auto-captions, then get the .vtt file from there.

The other feature regarding screen recordings that I would find really useful is the option to add the audio to slide by slide on view, try and test modes. I will have to clip the audio for the simulations where we want the user to complete the process, so they hear the conversation in order to complete the action/understand why they are instructed to complete the action, depending on the option selected.

Many thanks