Articulate 360 License Transfer

Oct 10, 2018

I need to reassign some Articulate 360 licenses that were either incorrectly assigned or assigned to a now-departed team member.  Anyone know how I can do that from the "Manage Team" page as an Admin?  Thank you!

-Scott 

24 Replies
Amaia Quesada

Hello Leslie,

What if I just have 1 seat and I am the admin and I want another colleague to use my license while I am away?

I try to type my colleague's email but the "remove and reassign" is disabled.

Would it work if I create a new password temporarily and I share with him my login details instead?

For the installation of Aticulate 360 he will need to download, he will need a license key, right? I cannot see this when I click on About Storyline.

Can you please assist me?

Many thanks in advance!

Amaia

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Amaia,

You can remove yourself from the seat and assign it to someone else if needed.

Remove Users

Assign Users to Open Seats

I would never recommend sharing logins. Your Articulate ID is yours alone. It's non-transferrable and shouldn't be shared with anyone. Click here for details from our terms of service.

When the user accepts the invite, there will be instructions on downloading the Articulate 360 Desktop App.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Amaia,

As long as you remain an admin on the team, you'll be able to assign seats to other users. Also, with an Articulate 360 Teams subscription, you can transfer seats to other users when team members leave the company or their roles change. In each 12-month period, you're allowed to transfer seats up to two times the number of seats in your account. For example, if your team has 10 seats, you can make up to 20 transfers per year.

If you have any questions on that please connect with our Customer Care team here or email biz@articulate.com! 

Lauren Connelly

Hi Pavithra!

Your 360 Teams Subscription allows every seat on your team to install and access their own Articulate 360 desktop app!

Included in the Articulate 360 desktop app, you can access both desktop-based and web-based programs. Your desktop-based programs include Storyline 360, Studio 360 (Presenter 360, Quizmaker 360, and Engage 360), Replay 360, and Peek 360. The web-based applications include Rise 360, Review 360, Articulate 360 Training, and Content Library 360. 

You might want to check out our FAQ page if you have any additional questions about your 360 Teams Subscription!

Lauren Connelly

Hi Greg!

Great question! Here's the content that is transferred between users: Rise 360 courses, label sets, and block templates; Review 360 projects; and Storyline 360 team slides. 

Content created in Storyline 360, Studio 360, Replay 360, and Peek 360 are saved to a user's workstation. You'll need to share this content with the new user separately.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Julia, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thanks for sharing what your current set-up is and what you are experiencing.

You first need to add the employee to your team:

Then, when you remove yourself from a user seat, you can transfer the content:

Let me know if you need any further help with this.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Catherine,

You can assign your seat to the contractor. Here are some details on this process:

Articulate 360 Teams: Managing Users, Groups, and Admins

Please note, content is tied to each individual Articulate ID. You will need to decide what happens to the content when you remove a user from your team

For example:

• Remove Catherine from the team, do nothing with content (this keeps it with your Articulate ID).
  • Add the contractor to the newly available seat on the team.
  • All work done by the contractor will be under their Articulate ID.
  • Remove contractor from the team when work/contract is completed, transfer the content to Catherine.
  • All content pre-contractor and now from the contractor will be in Catherine's account.
Sabongkoch Udomchaipattanakit

Hi. If I remove my team member A and assign the license to team member B without transferring the contents to others, are there the contents still in the team member A account? and if team member A still have access to the contents?

Also, if I re-assign the license back to the team member A, can team member A make any changes on the previous contents and use the tool normally?  

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Sabongkoch, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thank you for reaching out with a specific scenario you are concerned about.

1. If I remove my team member A and assign the license to team member B without transferring the contents to others:
    • Are there the contents still in the team member A account?
      Yes. If the content is not transferred, it will still be with the original Articulate ID.
    • Does team member A still have access to the contents?
      No. They will need a seat on the team to access the projects.
  2. If I re-assign the license back to team member A:
    1. Can team member A make any changes to the previous contents and use the tool normally?  
      Yes. Once they have a seat on the team, they will be able to continue working on projects.

The user’s Rise 360 courses and Review 360 projects remain on our servers for at least six months. During that time, shareable links for the projects continue to work, so your team can still view them. However, no one will be able to edit or manage them.

If the user rejoins your team, joins another team, or buys an individual subscription with the same email address within six months, they’ll have full control of their Rise 360 courses and Review 360 projects again.

Articulate 360 Teams: Managing Content When Users Leave Your Team

Lauren Connelly

Hello Alexandra!

One of the benefits of an Articulate 360 Teams subscription is that you can reassign seats when team members leave the company or their roles change. However, you can't frequently swap multiple people in and out of the same seat. In each 12-month period, you can transfer seats up to two times the number of seats in your account. For example, if your team has 10 seats, you can make up to 20 transfers per year.