Articulate Storyline 360 and PDF

Jul 28, 2017

I am trying to embed a PDF in one of my slides in Storyline 360 using a web object.  I have my PDF file on a web server and the link works just perfect and I can see the file.  Only problem I am running into is that the file is bigger than the box I want it to appear in and the PDF object is not showing any scroll bars or any way to navigate through the file.  I have tried adding #scrollbar=1 to the URL path, but still no luck.  I'm attaching a screenshot of what the PDF looks like in the slide to give you an idea.  I've done the same think in Storyline 2 and have no issues there.  Any suggestions for how to get the scrollbars to appear or resize the actual file within the web object is greatly appreciated.

15 Replies
Amanda Young

Sure thing, here is a copy of the file.  Strange thing is that it is working for my team mates.  It just seems to be me and the HTML5 output.  The Flash output works for me.  Also, I've found if I use the default player template settings it works.  I've updated my 360, browser, and Adobe products but still same issue.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for sharing your file! I published it for Web and tested it in multiple browsers, and I was able to scroll the PDF in all of the browsers I tested in. Here's a screen recording of that test.

Click this link, and let me know if you still can't scroll the PDF. Be sure to also let me know which browsers are giving you the most trouble.

Lauren Connelly

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to report this bug has been fixed in Update 37 (Build 3.37.21453.0) for Storyline 360!

In this update, users can scroll through web objects when viewing a course on an iPad or iPhone! 

One of the benefits of an Articulate 360 subscription is that you get continuous updates when new features and bug fixes are available. To install the newest update for the Articulate 360 desktop app, simply click the blue Update button in the top right corner. The update will automatically download and install without any additional prompts.

If you run into any trouble, please let us know in this discussion!

Vivian Prince-Agbodjan

Please how do I embed a pdf file as a web object in my articulate project. I followed the steps on outlined on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7S6CzfP2hA  but I just get a blank page after publishing. My index.html file is attached. It resides on the same folder as the pdf file I want displayed.

Please help. Thank you

Lauren Connelly

Hello Vivian!

We're happy to help! I've tried the step listed in the video as well, but I do not see the same outcome as the video shows. I also see a blank screen. I'd recommend reaching out to our Support Engineers so they can take a look at your project to see what is causing the snag. You can reach out to them in a support case. They'll respond with their findings as soon as possible.