Cannot save

May 07, 2021

Hi. I am developing a Storyline 360 project. So far I have 12 menu options linked into my main menu which will eventually have 15 options.

Each menu option is setup as a separate slide however, I am now trying to change my option 13 in my main menu to link to my new slide for option 13 and every time I try to save, it crashes without saving any of my mods. The current project size is 70 MB and it is going to grow to approx 200 MB when I link in all my scenes currently being developed separately to save time when previewing.

I switched on my computer opened a word document, opened storyline 360, duplicated an existing menu option slide (as I only have to make a few changes to it for it to become a new menu option). I saved that successfully. Then when I went to my main menu, and changed the trigger to jump to my new slide when the user presses menu button 13, it paused, no show of saving, then dropped out of storyline 360 without saving my trigger. I have rebooted, tried again without opeing word, and still it drops out.

2 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for the update. 

The size should not be the cause unless you're limited on resources, but it sounds like there may have been some corruption causing the issue.

I see you've reached out on a few threads with various behavior, so I'd recommend the import and/or repair:

• If you cannot re-create the issue in a new course, I would advise you to import the file into a new one and proceed.
  • If it's happening in any/all files, you should conduct a repair of your software.