Courses not Showing as Complete in LMS

Jan 07, 2022

When I publish to LMS>Reporting and Tracking> Tracking, the course is supposed to mark the learner as complete for visiting all slides in the project; however, this is not happening. I have put an EXIT button in the player, and if the learner selects it on the final page of the course they will be marked as correct, but if they do not select EXIT, for example they just close the course window, then they show as incomplete. I have tested this with the LMS provider, and they say it is an Articulate issue.

1 Reply
Richard Watson

Lorraine,

Have you tested this in SCORM Cloud? If not, it might be worth a look to see if you can duplicate the problem.

https://community.articulate.com/articles/how-to-troubleshoot-your-lms-with-scorm-cloud

Read this article as well, specially in regard to using multiple course completion triggers and how some LMSs interpret them. https://articulate.com/support/article/storyline-360-course-completion-trigger

"Storyline 360 will only send a single tracking option to your LMS. Whichever option the learner completes first is the one that gets reported to your LMS. Even if the learner completes multiple criteria, only the first one gets sent to your LMS."

Another thing:

"the course is supposed to mark the learner as complete for visiting all slides in the project; ..."

I've seen situations where not ALL of the slides are visible to the user; hence, they cannot visit all of them and the LMS reports them as incomplete. Do you have a slide in a different scene that the user may or may not be able to view? Perhaps a light box that the user may not engage with?

Do you have a slide that is hidden from the menu that the learner never interacts with?

Are you publishing to the correct SCORM version for the LMS you are using? Have you try changing the LMS Reporting (report status to LMS as) option and trying it again? The LMS reporting status is determined by how the specific LMS is setup.

Just a few things to consider.

Richard