Forum Discussion

KatrinaHunter-c
Community Member
3 months ago

Do ALL Articulate 360 courses published to web for Wordpress, require "additional sites, plug ins" or just Rise 360?

I see that there are some additional steps I would have to take to get my Rise 360 course published to a WordPress site (i.e. Amazon S3, etc.), but would these additional steps/websites such as Amazon S3 be necessary if I were to build the course in Articulate 360 vs Rise 360?

4 Replies

• Articulate 360 offers the authoring tools (Rise and Storyline) to build courses. Once a course is built it's published. Most people publish to Learning Management System (LMS).

• Publishing for LMS. You select a standard (SCORM) and then publish. This gives you a zipped file you upload to the LMS.
    • Publish for web. This gives you a folder with all of the published course content. That folder needs to be uploaded to a server to create the URL.

Articulate does offer Reach which is a simple to use LMS. You can upload to there automatically on publish and then get a URL that you can link to from the WP site. However, there are some active learner constraints so you'd have to consider that in your pricing.

If you have a WP site, you should have access to the folders and then you'd just move the published course folders to the folders in WP. That's generally pretty easy to do (assuming you know how to admin the WP site).

In any case, there's the same steps:

• Build the course
    • Publish it
    • Put it somewhere
      KatrinaHunter-c
      Community Member

Thank you. Our web admin was having issues getting the files to upload. I know Amazon S3 is an option, but I was trying to explore all options without having to rebuild the Rise 360 course in Storyline 360. I am also trying to get assistance from our IT department. We primarily use a LMS but for training content, but I want to update a section of information on our website. I thought using a course format in Rise 360 would be much more beneficial and easier to follow as opposed to our normal PDF/Word documents  with tons of information packed in it. The Rise 360 presentation looks so much better than the old PDF document we had (or still have) and much easier to comprehend.

• You shouldn't have to rebuild Rise into SL, the publish output and process to upload is exactly the same. 

Your admin should be able to take the unzipped "published for web" folder and upload it to a folder. 

If you don't want to publish and move folders and just give access to the Rise content, you can publish to Review and disable the comments. Here's an example of what it would look like. Then just use that link.

5-Day Challenge to Improve Your Mental Health [demo] | Review 360 (articulate.com)

Look at it where you're not logged into Articulate 360 so you can see what it looks like for a non Articulate user.