New in Storyline 360: Improved Player Controls

Dec 15, 2020

It’s easier than ever to give your learners an intuitive navigation experience. In our latest Storyline 360 update, now the built-in player controls are more in line with the way users interact with other media players. The new player controls are not only more intuitive but they’re also more accessible, since the keyboard navigation now moves from left to right. 

You’ll notice these player improvements in Storyline’s classic, modern, and mobile players. 

Adjustable Player Settings

You’ll also notice that we’ve added a new settings control to the player so learners can customize their learning experience. Within the player, they can:

• change the zoom mode to enlarge/reduce the zoom level of the slide’s contents 
  • turn accessible text on/off
  • enable/disable keyboard shortcuts 

Accessible Player Controls

Learners can now use keyboard shortcuts to access player controls to mute/unmute, replay the slide, and more, as shown in the screenshot above.

Keep in mind, you’ll need to install the update to see these changes in your new projects or in projects you republish. 

And if you use navigation slides in your courses, now is a good time to update the instructions or any screenshots to reflect these new changes.

Want to get a feel for the new experience? See it for yourself here.

And to keep tabs on Storyline 360 features in the works, bookmark our What’s New, What’s Next page.

52 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Kataryna!

Great question! We don't currently offer the option to customize the keyboard combinations, but I'm happy to share this idea with our team. You can also share it with our team in the form of a feature request!

I'll keep you updated in this discussion if this makes it on our roadmap!

Kelly Auner

Hi, all!

I have some great news to share. We just released a really cool feature that allows you to add a player toggle to let learners view courses in full-screen mode.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.