SCORM 2004 4th Edition: Completion - resets after being marked as complete

May 07, 2019

Hello

Publishing to SCORM 2004 v4, the course marks off as completed fine (and bookmarks along the way).

When I close the course and then re-launch it, the course resets (doesnt bookmark), it then reverts the completion back to incomplete on SCORM Cloud. This does not happen with SCORM 1.2

Are others encountering this issue? My SL360 is up to date.

We don't normally publish to 2004, but it's a cleint requirement.

I posted in this old thread but through  I'd start a new one as it relates to Storyline.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/scorm-2004-4th-edition-completion-resets-after-being-marked-as-complete

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for bringing this up, Geordie. We're seeing the same problem on our side. Specifically, a completed LMS course always resumes from the first slide when using SCORM 2004 and when tracking the result slide.

Using the Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed reporting status is the current workaround while we explore next steps. I'm really sorry for the headaches this has caused, and we'll keep this discussion updated with any new information.

MNDN ◼️

Hi Geordie, my tests show that completion state is wiped after training is revisited for the second time. See video and post on https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/storyline-scorm-2004-completion-state-wiped-when-user-revisits-training-a-2nd-time

Switching to PASSED/FAILED does not fix it. How did you solve this?

Best wishes

John Morgan

Hi Mandi,

Great question! I understand you are having an issue with completion being reset after the Rise course has been completed. I'd be happy to help you figure out why this is happening! I have a follow-up question about the situation so I can better understand your experience.

• Have you tested your course in SCORM cloud? It's an online LMS environment that can be used to figure out whether the issue is with the LMS or with the Rise course. If you test your course on SCORM cloud and it works perfectly, then your issue is likely LMS-based.

I tested a sample course I created with the publishing settings you mentioned and was able to revisit the completed course successfully.

I hope this helps!