storyline 360 can't save my project (low memory error)

Feb 22, 2018

Hello,

I'm working on some project. I have done 5-4 slides. Sudenly SL360 starts to work very, very, very slow (almost can't do anything in it). I can't even save my project. It's happening to me few times already after working with one file for 3-4 hours. I'm sending screenshots from two errors (I'm getting those when I try to save my project). I have 32 GB of ram, so it's not a problem. I'm working on windows 10 64bit.

My slides contain: 4 photos, 15-20 buttons, 15-20 text files, few shape objects, 10-15 layers with one audio.

edit: SL360 starts working slower gradually.
When I reopen my file, it's all good and program takes only 400MB from memory. I think taht problems start when it's reaching ~3GB of RAM.

81 Replies
Tom Bos

And four years later, after this complaint and many others, the problem is still there. Storyline is one big nightmare to work with if you making large projects.

Support can only say the same thing to all people complaining about it. Safe on your C drive, don't use USB or network, etc etc. Pointing to the customer's hardware and their behaviour while it is a bug in their own software. 

I lost days of work with all the crashes and with problems saving. Saving takes minutes if it does not give an error like Not enough memory or Parameter is invalid.

I almost throw my PC out of the window from frustration if again al my work is gone. How dare you ask so much money for such a crappy program.

It is frustrating and destructive for your health.

How about fixing it after years of complaints ?

Alan Sodenkamp

Steven Benassi

Hi Maria!

Sorry to hear you've also run into this setback!

To confirm, are you authoring in the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Storyline 360? Also, are you receiving any error messages when your project fails to save? If you are, it would be helpful to see a screenshot of the message, as well as the .story file that's giving you trouble.

Feel free to share those here in the discussion or privately through a support case. Looking forward to hearing from you!