Storyline 360 -Logged In, But Still Prompts for Login

Mar 17, 2020

Hi There, 

I am logged into SL360, but the program keeps prompting me for a login. Clicking "Sign In" does not load any login prompt. 

27 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Michael!

I'm happy to help! 

Users are signed out of Articulate 360 every 30 days (or after 7 days of inactivity). If either of these applies to what you're experiencing, you'll need to sign back in using the Articulate 360 Desktop App and then re-open Storyline 360.

If you're experiencing something different, please use this link to start a support case!

Darrell Sangrio

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you're having issues logging in.

Here are some common reasons why you might have trouble signing into Articulate 360

I would also like to recommend enabling the network endpoints and ports listed on this article as you'll need to have access to all those sites and ports listed to seamlessly access Articulate 360 tools.

Hope this helps!

George Briggs

I could use some help with this, as well. I just opened SL360 and 3 times during my simple work to import a video, update the player settings and preview/save, I was prompted that I had to log into Articulate 360 to continue...and given a button to log in.

I clicked the button and a window displayed saying I was being redirected to my web browser to sign in. No redirection occurred. The window has a button to "Start Over", which I had no choice but to click, since there was no obvious way to exit the window otherwise.

The window then changed to display a lock icon and a "Sign In" button...still no redirect to my browser. So I clicked "Sign In".

(BTW, I should mention that after the first time through this process, I did get signed in and still had the browser window open , with my profile icon displayed and a "sign out" option...so I was signed in during each subsequent launch.)

At different points I had a "Cancel" or "Exit" option, which took me completely out of SL360...while still being signed in online.

If it helps, I originally launched SL360 from a Start Menu icon. And just now, I click the Articulate 360 icon in the Start Menu, and again am being prompted to sign in. And, still getting a "redirect" message which doesn't occur, a "Start Over" button, followed by the "Sign In" button. Yet, I'm still signed in, which is how I'm able to post this message.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

George

Lauren Connelly

Hello George!

I'm so sorry for the trouble! I'm happy to help. Have you tried closing out Storyline 360 and the Articulate 360 desktop app? Then open the Articulate 360 desktop app and launch Storyline 360. Lastly, open your project using the "browse for more" prompt below the list of your recent projects. 

Here's what it looks like when I click Sign In in Storyline 360.

Please keep me updated in this discussion!

Courtney Johnston

I'm having a similar issue. Launch the Articulate360 desktop app, click "Sign In", does nothing. Doesn't launch a browser, or redirect anywhere. I logged into the website - tried again - nothing. I cannot open SL projects. It wants me to sign into the desktop app, but cannot sign in because the "Sign In' button does nothing.

Ren Gomez

Hi Courtney,

I'm sorry you're unable to sign-in to Articulate 360! Clicking Sign In should redirect you to a web browser to complete the login process. If that's not working, take a look at reasons in this article below to help troubleshoot:

If these tips don't help, our support engineers can take closer look at your setup and get you going again!

SUBMIT A CASE.
Mike Stewart

I am having the same issue. I get redirected to the site and get logged in but when I open up SL360 after a minute or so it prompts me that I need to be logged in to Articulate 360. I just had the most recent version of Articulate 360 installed but I was experiencing this issue before I did as well. Should I see all the apps in the 360 app? Because I don't. All I see is Sign in so I click that and it takes me back to the site to login. Back to where I started. I see that I'm logged in but my only option is to download the 360 app again.

Tyler Moore

I'm having this same problem. I get "You're being redirected to your web browser to sign in." I was already signed in and it does not update so I can access Storyline. I've even signed out and back in using Articulate 360 desktop and it stays on the pop up "Start Over". I'm in an endless loop of not being able to access the program, even though I'm signed in. Any ideas?

Kimberley O'Connell

Hello. 

I have been given a licence key for articulate, but installing the software on my company computer goes straight to a pop up box of requiring an update.  I then log in on the web as it requests but comes up with my trial has expired.  I cannot see anywhere of putting in this licence key. 

Wondering if someone could help?

Many thanks
Kimberley 

Kim Sigman

I am having an issue I think similar to many of those above but slightly different. I have had my IT dept looking into it for the past hour or so, but thought this may warrant help from the Articulate team as well, since we cannot find a solution. 

When I try to open Storyline 360 from my computer, it tells me I must log in first, when I click the Sign In button, it redirects me to Sign In to Articulate 360 from the web, and then that redirects me to an error. I have attached a copy of a screenshot for each step.

I am however, able to log in to Articulate 360 directly from the web. But even though I am logged in already, Storyline is still not recognizing that I am logged in and requiring me to do it again, which always results in this error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Kim!

Sorry for the trouble! Can you try closing Storyline 360 and logging out of the Articulate 360 desktop app? After, go ahead and log back into the desktop app which should prompt you to sign in on the Articulate 360 website. Lastly, open Storyline 360 from the desktop app.

If that doesn't do the trick, please reach out to us directly in a support case. 

Kelly Auner

HI Mauritia,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm so sorry you've encountered this issue!

This shouldn't be happening and I'm happy to help troubleshoot. First, I'd like to confirm that you've reviewed the possible solutions in this article. If that doesn't work, please try the following steps:

1. Clear your browser cache.  This article details how to clear the browser cache for all major browsers.
  2. Try changing the default browser by following the steps in this article.
  3. Use your browser's incognito or private mode to sign in to https://360.articulate.com.

If the issue persists, I'd like to connect you with one of our talented Support Engineers to investigate further. You can submit a support case here!