Forum Discussion

KenFlieger
Community Member
3 months ago

Storyline 360 Master feedback translation not working !!!

I've uninstalled then restalled to make sure. The Correct, Incorrect, Try Again labels are not translated into the default French Canadian labels.

What's even worst that any older coursed that I open have changed back to ENGLISH. Every single course I open that where for FRENCH, hundreds. 

What Am I doing wrong? below was my test on a new install:

1. Started a NEW project then changed player translation to French Canadian.

2. Added a graded question and change settings to 3 tries.

3. Not one of the 3 layers (Correct, Incorrect, Try Agian) translated to FRENCH!

4. One of the 'layer titles' of the changed to FRENCH but Correct and Incorrect stayed the same in ENGLISH which is not the problem.

HELP ME PLEASE - MASTER FEEDBACK 

• Hello Ken,

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• Text on feedback layers defaulted to English even though text labels had been switched to a different language

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

4 Replies

KenFlieger
    Community Member

I would consider then a MAJOR bug that needed to be fix NOW !!!!!!

Please forward this to the person that screwed up and broke the translation of feedback layers.
    Why is this not being looked at and fixed immediately. 

In the meantime, revert back to the June 6th app. I got this aswer from the a NON-STAFF person on the forum.

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS IS BEING LOOKED AT AND REPAIRED !!!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Ken!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

I can confirm we have this behavior logged as a bug in the current version of Storyline 360. Not to worry! Our development team is currently looking into this issue and working on a fix. In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest downgrading to the previous version of Storyline 360 where this bug cannot be observed. I've linked this discussion to the bug report so we can update you as soon as a fix is in place.

Thank you for your patience. Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Ken,

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• Text on feedback layers defaulted to English even though text labels had been switched to a different language

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

• Hi Ken,

I hear your pain. I had the same happen to me. Every feedback layer in 8 modules reverted to English, even though it had been in Maori. It took me hours to fix and was a very painstaking manual process, with much frustration expressed by  my client. It's going to take a lot to convince them that articulate storyline is stable now!