Storyline 360 preview and publish freezes on load screen

Feb 15, 2018

Every project I try to preview or publish, no matter how small, can't be previewed or published. The publish or preview progress bar does complete, but when it actually tries to show my content it freezes on the loading animation. 

I have searched for help within the community. I've followed up on any tips about reinstalling the software, reinstalling .NET Framework or Flash Player but all of this doesn't change anything. The project files do work on other computers.

I have Windows 7 and I use Storyline 360. Any useful tips are welcome. Preferably by people who have actually experienced the same issue.

Thanks

Regards,

Thijs

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Thijs,

Really sorry you're having a tough time! Thanks for letting us know what you've already tried, and I'm glad you came to us for help. 

Since you've already tried these steps to no avail, I'd like to connect you with our Support Engineers. I've opened a case on your behalf, so be on the lookout for an email from us. 😊

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Donna and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into a similar problem.

Curious if the issue happens in any course you are working on or just this particular one?

If you cannot re-create the issue in a new course, I would advise to import the file into a new one and proceed.

If it's happening in any/all files, you should conduct a repair of your software.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Donna Cotton

Hello Leslie,
I did not have this issue with the file before. I made minor changes and now can no longer Preview or Publish it.
I am not having issues with other files.

I imported it into a new a new course and still having the same issue.
Will try the repair option next.

[cid:image001.png@01D59B96.FBDE0990]

Donna Cotton | Lead Instructional Designer | 661.483.3006
41551 10th Street West | Palmdale, CA 93551

[cid:image004.png@01D0EAF4.ABDD47F0]

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.

Katie Riggio

Good morning, Donna. Thank you for giving the import steps a try!

Without seeing the course, it sounds like there may be a corrupt element in this specific project. 

Are you comfortable with attaching the troublesome .story file publicly here or privately by this link? We'll test this theory, and delete the file when we nail the culprit!

By the way, it looks like you may have replied by email where your contact information came through to the public forum. Feel free to edit your reply here

Donna Cotton

Hello,
Thought I would give you an update on the issue I was having. Good news!! It has been resolved. We went through all the steps of uninstalling and reinstalling story line, then opened a new file and imported the old. Well, that didn't work for me. What did work is I copied each scene into the new story and tested the scene before adding another, and when I previewed the whole project everything worked. I even published it to 360 review and it worked. I did lose some of my formatting, but that was easier to fix than having to recreate the complete story.

Thank you again for your support.
Donna

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.

Terrance Jones

Hello,

I was doing some research and wanted to inform you all that I am dealing with the same issue.
Once I load the training in preview or even publish it out it freezes on the third slide and just loads with no forward progression.

I’m not sure what to do as I have updated Storyline, imported to a new course and currently working on rebooting storyline now.

Please advise.

I have attached the file so that you could search for errors, Maybe I missed something during development. 

Thank you,

Terrance

Lauren Connelly

Hello Terrance!

Thank you for providing your project! I'm noticing the same loading icon appearing when viewing the third slide. It looks like there are additional triggers on the Master Slide that are unassigned, which is causing the loading icon to appear. I disabled the triggers, and the course seems to be working as expected. I've recorded a short 3-minute tutorial of my testing in case you want to see how I adjusted your course.

I've also attached the updated .story file to this reply. Please let me know if you have additional questions!

Terrance Jones

Thank you Lauren!

Yes I was able to find the same soultion ironicly. At first I didnt think the triggers on the master were bothering anyhting. I noticed it when I changed the theme and it all seemed to function correclty. I then went back and deleted the unused triggeres and success.

I am so relieved. Thank you for taking the time to review my project. I truly do appriciate the assistance!