Storyline 365 Course Completion Trigger with Moodle

Jul 28, 2020

I have a simple course that when the learner has watched 3 video, they click a check box to say they've viewed all content in full. They then  click  a button that has a course completion trigger, however Moodle refuses to recognise this and every attempt is marked as Incomplete. There is no quiz or scoring in the course

I have set Moodle to 'Learning Objects' grade method and set Storyline tracking to 'Complete Course Trigger'. Am I missing something?

5 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear your course isn't reporting completed as expected! We did have a recent bug where the Course Completion Trigger wasn't working in an LMS.

Can you ensure you're on the latest version and try again? You can also test the course in a different environment, such as SCORM Cloud, to ensure it's not related to Moodle.

We can lend you a hand with that as well if you'd like! All you'll need to do is click the link below to share your .story file with our team.

Cherry Beck

Hi Ren

wonder if you can help.  i am publishing to moodle but it doesnt look like it is showing as complete.  I have checked all the settings (been uploading to lots of other LMS's over the years without this issue) - any ideas of the settings that need to be checked in moodle.  also it is publishing in the same window as moodle and I have always published in new window, but the admin says this means the users will get pop up blockers - is this correctd?

thanks

cherry

Lauren Connelly

Hi Cherry!

We're happy to help! This issue was corrected in Storyline 360 Update 42 (Build 3.42.22691.0).

Have you tested your course in SCORM cloud? Does it show up as complete?

If the course works as expected in SCORM cloud, then I'd recommend reaching out to Moodle to see which settings they suggest.

Cherry Beck

Hi Lauren, nice to meet you, i have the desktop version of Storyline and have managed to publish withiout an issue with pop ups for me, but as this course is going to be one accessed by various people in different countries, could the pop up issue come back to hit me?  

thanks, i think it looks much better in new window, rather than what seems flat on the moodle panel.

cherry