"The slide target of this link is not available in this preview"

Mar 16, 2015

I am trying to link a video that I recorded from my screen to a button by adding a trigger.  Everything seems to work until I try to preview the slide.  I get this message: "The slide target of this link is not available in this preview."  Can you help me figure this out?

Thank you!

Jwalker

17 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jenny!

Looks like Wendy is assisting you here, but I wanted to pop in and share our documentation on this as well to assist if needed.

If you view an Articulate Storyline course on your local hard drive (or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive), you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features to fail. To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published. See this article for details.

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Liz,

Sorry to hear that you're running into an error with this. The information that I shared above is still true.

Sounds like your course may have some branching perhaps? You may be able to get around the error by previewing the entire course vs a slide or scene.

You can then 'Select' specific slides if needed. Check out this short Peek video demonstrating this behavior.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Melanie! 

It sounds like you have a link to an external site on one of your slides, is that right?

You mentioned the link doesn't work, even after publishing the file. How did you publish it, and where did you host the published output?

With your permission, we can take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. We'll delete it when we're done troubleshooting. If that works for you, you can upload your file privately to our support team here. We'll give it a test and let you know what we find!