WTH! STORYLINE 360 keeps just closing

Sep 08, 2018

I am not sure what is happening, but I am about to lose my mind. I have a very complicated variable filled course that I am trying to finish.  All of a sudden it just closes. What is causing that, and what can I do so I won't lose my ever loving mind. Thank you for any help you can give me ASAP.

34 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Areum!

It looks like there are a few different scenarios described in this discussion! Let's start with understanding if there are similarities in all of your projects! For example, themes, fonts, graphics, slides, etc.

Next, we'll want to test your file. Can you share your file with us? If so, here's a private upload link. We'll let you know when we receive it and reply with our findings.

Tom P

this product just keeps crashing. If I try to cut and paste from the notes of 1 slide into the notes of another it just crashes.

Every second or 3rd time I hit control s to try to save my work it gives me an error saying I can't save because of some other process or some such. And this just keeps on happening. I've only been using this product for about a week and it's errored and not let me saved my work about a dozen times and easily crashed about half a dozen times in just the last few days.

ARE ANY VESIONS OF THIS PRODUCT STABLE?

Katie Riggio

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry to hear about the constant crashing; that's got to be frustrating. Let's get that sorted out!

I've looped in our Engineers by starting a support case for you with all the relevant info you've provided here and in your other discussion. A confirmation email should be in your inbox, and our team will be in touch with the next step.

We'll see you there!

Mark Johnson

I'm having the constant crashing PLUS the 'can't open the file because of another process issue' at least 4-5 times a day. I uninstalled Dropbox and I work from my C drive now, but there's no improvement. It's extremely frustrating.

I now have to remember to click Save every 5 minutes because I never get a Temp restored file when I restart. You're lucky you can't hear me when it happens before I've managed to save. Daily. Sometimes more than once. It's as if I'm working with an old wreck and sanding down the spark plugs to get it to turn over.

I've updated, uninstalled etc. with no improvement. There are no other apps running. It happens across 2 different laptops with no consistent trigger I can identify. I work in cyber and I have a decent grasp of why things might go wrong, but Articulate has defeated me. So, well done!

The fact is that this is just one of numerous bugs I've found in this supposedly mature product that we pay $799 to use per year, per seat: 10 times the annual cost of the MS Office suite of tools and tied to only two devices, whereas our MS Office apps are installed across 5 or more.

This is simply not good enough. I've been testing a few alternatives and will be dropping Articulate once our current project is completed.