Forum Discussion

StuartKessler
Community Member
12 months ago

<mark> and </mark> .html tags showing up after search

I'm seeing <mark>  </mark> around search terms. When someone clicks the magnifying glass at the top left of the course, then selects one of the results. If the search term shows up in a the beginning of a new "Lesson", it is surrounded with the <mark>  </mark>  .html tags. 

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Stuart,

We see the same result if the search term appears in the Rise Lesson Title.

We do not see this happening when the search term appears in a Block.

• Our team is experiencing this bug as well across all our courses. 

It happens when you search for a lesson by the lesson title. For example, a heading or subheading within a lesson will not have the <mark> </mark> notation added, but the lesson title will.

Also it specifically wraps your search term in the <mark> </mark> text. Example: in a title named "XXXX YYYY", if you search for "XXXX" the title will show up as "<mark>XXXX</mark> YYYY".

GrenForonda
      Staff

Thanks for sharing this Onlea, and sorry to hear you are encountering this. We've forwarded this as well to our engineers, and will keep you posted on any new information on this issue.

• Hi Stuart and Karl!

So sorry you're encountering this issue where the search feature results in <mark> tags being displayed around some of the matching text.

We're seeing the same problem and logged it as a software bug. We'll update this thread if we make any changes that will help!

• Thank you Gren.  I've never noticed this bug in the past.  Keep up the great work.  I like the Rise platform. 

• Hello, just to make you aware that we are having the same issue with a number of our lessons - only when you search does the title change to include </mark>

Will this be fixed soon?

• Hi folks,

In today's update for Rise 360, we fixed an issue where the word search results in Rise 360 appear with the <mark> HTML tags.

You can check out the release notes here. Have a great day!