Forum Discussion

AnnabelBergeron
Community Member
2 years ago

2004 3rd edition Issue

Hi! I am running into an issue with my SCORM 2004 3rd edition export when it's running in my LMS (canvas). While testing- I completed the course in full, with the course reporting 100% complete. Canvas is giving me my green check mark for the requirement I have set on the SCORM. Then, when I go back into the SCORM, the completion is all gone, and all lessons have been restarted. 

Any thoughts on how to change this setting or to get the SCORM to remember the completion status?

Thanks!

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Annabel,

What happens when a student takes the course, completes it halfway, exits, and then resumes the course later?

Upon resume, does the course reflect the student previous in progress status as it existed and where they were during the previous session?

AnnabelBergeron
      Community Member

It does resume where the learner left off, so long as they do not complete the module in full, so I don't think it is a suspended data issue. It almost seems like whenever you get to the 100% completion point, the SCORM forces a restart rather than retaining that completion status. 

KarlMuller
        Community Member

Hi Annabel,

This is not a Rise issue.

Most learning management systems (LMSs) consider a course to be in review mode when attempting it again after the course completion requirement has been met. If you'd like to change this default behavior, you need to change it in the LMS.

There are no settings within a Rise course that impact review mode.

What happens in review mode is completely controlled by your LMS. Your LMS may have settings turned on  to reset student data. 

I'm a LMS administrator, and our LMS is set up to not automatically switch to review mode when a course is completed.

As a result, once a student completes a course and returns to it later, all their previous course progress data is still available, including the checkmarks for each lesson.