Forum Discussion

LeahHemeon
Community Member
2 months ago

360 º image help - converting from another format?

Hi there,

A client sent me a set of drone shots for a course we're working on. Amongst them were a few panoramic shots stitched together using Panoramic Studio. They're not in jpg format but uses JavaScript and an HTML page to view them. I have all of the source files. I'd really love to learn how I could use this in Storyline but am coming up empty because it's not a single jpg file. I've Googled and searched the forums but am out of my league. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could convert these to use in Storyline?

ETA - I know I could host the set of files on a web server and embed as a web object in Storyline but that's not realistic for this client and the content of the 360 images is sensitive so I can't post publicly.

Thanks!

• Hi Leah,

Can you tell what container the images are in, if not .jpg? I know you say that you view them on an HTML page, but unless I am just ignorant about this, you usually view images on HTML pages that are either .jpg, .gif, or .png files.

If you have the source files, does that mean that you have images in some type of format? If so, you might be able to stitch them together as a panorama in Photoshop or some other software. I have done some limited stitching experimentation in Photoshop, so I believe it is possible.

LeahHemeon
      Community Member

Thanks Kendal. I do have the jpgs that the panoramic files pull in. It's controlled by Javascript executed through the HTML file though. I tried stitching them together in Photoshop but because they've been manipulated by the Panoramic Studio before being output into the current form, they don't seem to stitch together very well. I have very limited experience with this in Photoshop though so I don't know that it's not me...