Forum Discussion

KristineLowry
Community Member
2 years ago

360 Image Not Rendering Correctly

I’m trying a 360 image for the first time.  I downloaded an image from pixexid.com and when I insert the image into my Storyline project, I get a message that the image might not render correctly and for best results to usage an image with a 2:1 aspect ratio.  Are the 360 images on pixexid.com not set at the correct aspect ratio or is this a setting on my computer that I can change?

I inserted the 360 image and it’s zoomed in way too far for me use.  Is there something I can do to use the image?  Is there a way for me to view or change the aspect ratio of a 360 prior to downloading? 

Thank you for any help you can provide on using 360 images in Storyline.

KristineLowry
    Community Member

That article is where I found pixesid.com.  With this being my first attempt to use a 360 image in a project I didn't want to take the time to create my own or purchase one. 

Thank you for responding, John.

• Hi Kristine,

Thanks for the response! I did some testing with a few images from Pixexid and wasn't getting the same error. Would you be willing to share your files here or with our support engineers privately in a support case so we can troubleshoot?

KristineLowry
      Community Member

Hi John,

Thank you for testing images from Pixexid.  Attached are the two images I downloaded from Pixexid and my Storyline project where I inserted them.  

Other than inserting the 360 images I have done nothing with them in Storyline.

Thank you for looking into this for me.  I appreciate all the support provided by the Articulate team.

• Hi Kristine,

Thanks for sharing your files! When I tried to download them I received an error. Can you try to reattach them? If that doesn't work, I can open a support case for you and you can attach them there.

KristineLowry
    Community Member

HI John,

I sure can reattach the files.  Please let me know if this doesn't work. 

Thank you so much for working on this!

RussellKillips-
      Community Member

Hi Kristine,

Those two pictures of a house covered in snow are not 360.

Try using the attached picture. It is a 360 picture also from pixexid

• Hi Kristine,

I'm happy to chime in! Russell is correct, I confirmed that the images are not 360° images based on the guidelines here:

Criteria Sample Images
    1. The image is distorted The images are not distorted when viewed.
    2. The image has a 2:1 aspect ratio The images have a width and height of 5760x3840, which is not a 2x1 aspect ratio.
    3. Upload it to Storyline 360 Uploading it to Storyline returns an error.

If you have time to watch it, I prepared a 5-minute Peek recording for you to explain these in detail.

I recommend downloading 360° images from Pixexid for your Storyline projects. Let me know if that helps!

KristineLowry
    Community Member

Thank you, Russell and Eric!

Eric the Peek recording was very helpful.  I am not able to find a 360 image that fits what I was looking for on Pixexid. It did give me an idea on how I can accomplish the same thing by using a flat image to start.

I appreciate all of you sharing your knowledge!

• Hi Kristine,

I'm glad to have helped with the Peek recording! Let us know if you need further help with the 360° images.

Happy developing!