Forum Discussion

joanrussell
Community Member
8 months ago

Accessibility JAWS 2023 - Repeating knowledge and test questions; focus order changes

Hello, 

A more recent development with Rise. Knowledge check questions and test questions are being repeated. Reads the question, then hear "group start", then it repeats the question before moving on. Also, at times it is repeating the answers without say "radio button checked/not checked". It is causing learners to become frustrated with the learning and not continue.

Additionally, a focus issue is happening where it reads "try again" instead of reading correct/incorrect and feedback first. 

I upgraded to December 2023 JAWS. Same is happening in prior 2023 version. 

Any guidance is appreciated.

• Hi Joan!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback while using JAWS 2023 on a Rise 360 lesson. Happy to help with this!

Testing the behavior on my end with JAWS 2023 on Knowledge Check questions, I was unable to reproduce the same issue. I didn't notice any repetition and the feedback was dictated in the correct order.

To clarify, are you observing this behavior across all supported browsers? Or is it local to one? Also, it would be helpful to see a screen recording of the issue as you are experiencing it on your end. Would you be comfortable sharing one here in the discussion or privately through a support case?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

joanrussell
    Community Member

I tried Edge and Chrome same thing. Tested in the LMS and just within Rise preview.  I cannot share unfortunately. Used JAWS 2023 the earlier version and then JAWS 2023 December. We use Rise cloud. I know we have an older version of Storyline (desktop). We access all through Articulate 360. Older Rise courses it didn't seem to be happening. Courses more recent it has been happening. 

joanrussell
    Community Member

That's good that it is not happening on a global scale. Are there any settings in Rise that might be checked that could be promoting the behavior? There is the question, then a group start, then reading the question again. 

• Hello Joan,

Good call opening a support case as well! I noticed that my teammate Georvy has requested a screen recording of the issue. Let's continue the conversation in your support case to keep all the information in one place, but I'm happy to assist further as needed.