Forum Discussion

MichaelParker-6
Community Member
7 months ago

Accessibility of Scrollbars

When I select the accessible text option and apply text spacing criteria per WCAG requirements, the scrollbars that appear are not keyboard accessible.  Is this a known bug or is there a workaround?

• Hi Michael, 

Thanks so much for reaching out! We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us. The scrolling panel should be keyboard-accessible when using a screen reader.

I'd like to have our talented Support Engineers take a closer look at this behavior. I've opened a case on your behalf. Our team will be in touch via email. Thank you for your patience. 

We'll continue the conversation over in your case. 

jauscrick
      Community Member

Hi,

When using a screen reader, I'm unable to scroll scrollable text boxes. Is this working as intended?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi MikeB-2fa1936a-!

Thanks for checking in on this!

I don't have any news to share at the moment, as our development team has been prioritizing other fixes. Not to worry! I've included you in the bug report, so you're in the best place for updates.

Have a great rest of your week!

• There are a few of us waiting for the answer to that, Jessi. It's preventing full WCAG 2.1 compliance.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Mike!

Thanks for reaching out!

I noticed that you've previously connected with my teammate Cleober, through a support case. Our team is still working on a fix for the Storyline bug:

• When the Text Spacing Editor browser extension for Google Chrome is enabled to meet WCAG 2.1 requirements, the textboxes display scrollbars that are not keyboard accessible

I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will share updates as soon as a fix is in place. Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry if this has been slowing you down!

• Thank you so much for the update, Steven. It's good to know a fix is on the way, since there was no real resolution to the case at the time. I know several other community members have flagged the same issue.

Michael