Forum Discussion

DominicKnowles-
Community Member
4 years ago

Accessible text

In the recent Articulate update, it allows individuals to select an accessible text option in the published presentation.

We have experienced a problem when using a the 'Helperbird' Chrome extension screen reader, which is recommended, as it doesn't change the font text within the presentation.  The content is published within a Moodle platform and wondered if this was an issue when using Moodle, or could it be a bug with the new update?

Any help would be appreciated.   

Dom

• Hello Alchemist Learning Transformed!

Here is a published slide that is working for me in Helperbird for you to test.

I tested a couple of text options, and here's the process that I used:

In Helperbird:

• Turn Helperbird on
    • Toggle Custom Font (I tested Georgia and Open Dyslexic)
    • Toggle Text size (set percentage)

In published Storyline course:

• Toggle Accessible Text on

This is working as expected for me. Please share if this works for you or if you're using other features that I can take a look at.

• Hi Leslie,

Awesome! Your example works perfectly when I upload it, as does now (oddly) my own example and the actual project I need it to work with. I'm on a different PC now, so I wonder if there is some plugin or setting in the browser on the other PC preventing Helperbird from fully accessing the course. Thanks for your help!

• Hey everyone,

My name is Robert James. An engineer at Helperbird, if their is anything we can do to help just let me know :)

• Hi. One other thing that would be useful to know is if there is a way to keep the size of text relative when Helperbird is on. So at the moment when I switch it on the size of all text looks about the same, whether it is Heading1, Heading2 or Normal text, but it would be better if they resized differently, so Heading1 was still bigger than Normal, and do on, Does Storyline accessible tex do this?

• Hi Alchemist Learning Transformed,

I'm hoping that Robert will be able to chime in to offer his assistance here. I do not see that behavior on any site when examining H1, H2, and Normal text, so I'm not sure that it's an expected feature of Helperbird.