Forum Discussion

MarilnArmoa
Community Member
2 days ago

Adjust text variables Storyline 360

Hi everyone,

I have a project that required translation (into Japanese in this particular case), and I couldn't come across a solution to edit the text for the variable's text itself.

This is the variable:

This is the text displaying in the Review, and as an example, I would need to move up the dot, or move down some characters (as per legibility purposes).

Is there a way to add some line breaks to this feedback text? It is not possible to edit it from the Usage for variable ... windows.

I'm using the latest update available for Windows 10, x64

Thank you!

MarilnArmoa
    Community Member

Hi everyone, thank you for your input! Where exactly should I apply these line breaks? As per client's request, we need to deliver the published files for LMS and the Review360. 

Thank you so much for your help!

SteveGannon
      Community Member

Enter the line break tag (<br>) wherever you want the line break to appear in the text you assign to your variable. In some cases, you might want a blank line inserted so you would insert <br><br> at that point in the text.

Depending on the language, font, font size and the width of your text box, you will likely have to do some trial and error to discover the best place in the text to insert the line breaks.

JesseWu
    Community Member

Since it is a text variable, how about adding a "\n" in the text to break the line?

var text = "This is line one.\nThis is line two.";