Forum Discussion

SherriWest-9a31
Community Member
2 months ago

Allow users to leave a quiz question to explore course content and return to quiz question?

Hello. I've received a request from a client to develop a course that enables users to leave a quiz question, go back and explore course content (I assume to research the answer), and then return to the quiz question. Can this be done without interfering with navigation? The quiz will be at the end of the course, it will be graded, and it will be reported to the LMS. I have not developed the course yet, so I have no attachment.

• Hi Sherri, you can use lightbox to point users to a specific slides, when they find the answer they can close the lightbox and back to the question.  

SherriWest-9a31
      Community Member

Thank you Joanne! I have not used lightboxes before so I will look into how to do that!

SherriWest-9a31
      Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I have been adding some lightbox triggers to my quiz slides that access another slide in my course, which works fine. However, I have a few questions that need to view a scene (which consists of 3 slides) when they select the lightbox trigger. To set this up, I selected the first slide in the scene for my trigger, and checked the "navigation controls" button.

When I test the lightbox trigger, it accesses the intended scene and allows me to review all three slides within the scene; however, it allows me to continue to the next scene - even all the way to the end of the course.

How do I only allow the user to see the three consecutive slides within the intended scene (and then stop)?

Unfortunately, I cannot share my project due to client confidentiality. 

Thanks!

Sherri

JoanneChen
        Super Hero

Hi Sherri, 

You can set a T/F variable to do the trick. Let's call it 'LightboxOn.'

1. In the quiz slide, set 'LightboxOn' to True when the button to open a lightbox slide is clicked.
        2. In the last consecutive slide (the third one in your case), adjust the trigger for the next button to jump to the next slide only when 'LightboxOn' is equal to false. Else: close the lightbox.
        3. Change the 'LightboxOn' to False when slide start quiz slide, you can set this in the master slide if you allow users to open a lightbox slide in all the quiz question slides. So that when user revisit the course they will be able to move on as designed.