Forum Discussion

EdwardAgadja170
Community Member
3 months ago

An object can't be placed above another object? Huh?

There are certain functions in Articulate Storyline that still boggle my mind to the point where I can't help but laugh. Is there a reason why an object placed inside the selected state of another can't possibly be dragged in front of the other object?

For instance, I create an oval shape with a logo. I then decide to place a rectangular shape with text next to it with the intent for them to overlap. For whatever reason, the logo on the oval shape ends up becoming partially hidden because the rectangular shape for whatever reason can't be placed behind the oval shape. Why? Even if this is the logic within Articulate, why is that the logic? 

I was able to accomplish this before, but it seems like there's always a new (simple) problem that arises. Any solution to this problem?

(Cannot share the file because it contains confidential material.)

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Edward,

I too find States frustrating, but actually the functionality you are describing I dont find bad.

I guess its there to help ensure that all our content is stacked correctly in a State (which remember is transparent by its nature)

As a solution to your issue, you can change the depth of each object inside a State by simply right clicking, then select bring Forward, or Send Back. Those all work perfectly inside States, and may help you achieve what you need without the frustration?