Forum Discussion

ChrisCole
Community Member
3 months ago

animation and motion path not playing together nicely

Using both an Entrance animation and a Path animation on the same text box. Note that the Entrance animation happens at the start of the slide and the Path animation happens some time later (about 10 seconds later, triggered by a cue point).

• If I add an Entrance animation / Fly In and then add a Path Animation to the same text box, the Path Animation does not work.
  • I remove the original Entrance animation and now the Path animation works.
  • I add a Fade entrance animation and the Path animation still works.
  • I change the Entrance Effects option to "by paragraph" and the Path animation stops working.

Summary: The path animation does not work if the text box has a Fly In animation and / or the Entrance animation is set to "By Paragraph."

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Chris, Ive noticed something similar at times.

A quick workaround is to just take a copy of your text box, and apply the motion path to that.
    Then you can have whatever ENTRANCE animation you want, and later, whatever MOTION PATH you want. Because they are both applying to different assets on the slide, they dont cause issues for each other.

In other words, to expand your metaphor of not playing nicely together, I seperate them both in to their own naughty corners to have a good long think about what they've done ;)

Hope it helps! :P