Forum Discussion

SrivaniBairi-63
Community Member
3 years ago

Are SL inbuilt questions/question banks accessibility compliant? Can't access them with NVDA Screenreader.

Hey, Are the in built questions and question banks accessible by the NVDA screen reader?  Are they accessiblity compliant? I have attached a sample question

• Can you please explain your answer further?

Like the screenshot I have provided, NVDA cannot read it properly.

• Check the focus order, once you tab to the true false you are required to use the up/down arrow to view the options

SrivaniBairi-63
      Community Member

Ok thank you phil, I will try that and get back to you. Just wanted to know, is the same method to be followed for other graded question types as well?

• There is no option to provide alt text to these type of questions.. and the nvda is unable to read these questions. I was wondering if someone could explain the scope of accessibility wrt to graded questions of different types

• ctrl+shift+enter will allow you to add alt text, you can also add alt text in the focus order dialogue. 

See my previous entry for how they should be navigated. 

SrivaniBairi-63
      Community Member

Up and down arrow helps to view/navigate the options, but how can a keyboard user 'select' an answer option? Thank you for your reply!

• The drag and drop graded questions are not accessible, drop downs are