Forum Discussion

KrishLal-5dc441
Community Member
6 years ago

Articulate Rise - Change Link colour

Hi - is it possible to change text links to a different colour.  Currently it is taking the colour from the theme settings and this colour cannot be changed.  

MarkHilvert
    Community Member

Actually, Alyssa gave a solution to this in another forum! See below...

"By default, hyperlinks use the color you've chosen as your theme color in the course settings. However, there's an easy way to choose a different color! The trick is to set the color before adding the hyperlink.

First, highlight the text and change the color to your desired color and underline the text. Then, highlight the text again and add the hyperlink.

Now the text will be hyperlinked and underlined in your desired font color!"

MoniMair
      Community Member

I have been using this workaround for about a year now but it doesn't seem to work today - did anything change? Thanks for your help

• Hi Ina!

The hyperlink color in Rise 360 will match the course accent color. We'll let you know if we make changes to this feature!

ErikaWharton
    Community Member

I like that I can change the font color, thank you for that tip.  I would also like to have the option to change the color of the underline to any color I select without changing the theme.  Thanks!

• You're right, Jina. The hyperlink color in Rise 360 will match the course accent color. I can see how that could be problematic when you need to use the standard hyperlink blue color, so I'll share your thoughts with my team. We'll let you know if we make a change to this feature in the future!

JinaAli
    Community Member

Hello,

That only changes the color of the Font. The hyperlink line remains whatever color of the theme chosen. For accessibility, I think Rise should allow us to retain the themes (as that gives us designer choices), but set hyperlinks as standard hyperlink blue (#0000FFF); or at least allow us to chose this when adding links. We had a theme that made the links orange. If you contrast-check the orange against a white background, they fail the WCAG AA & AAA. Without this color change feature, we will be limited in the type of themes we can use. 

NishaMakan
    Community Member

Hi Krish, if you format your links on the page to how you want the link in terms of colour, size, font weight and then add the hyperlinks to the text it will retain your styling instead of reverting to the default theme colour.