Forum Discussion

SarulathaDhayal
Community Member
8 years ago

Articulate Rise - Free/Restricted Navigation

Dear team,

My question is regarding restricted navigation. Even after selecting Restricted Navigation, a user is able to navigate from the blocks such as Tabs, Accordion, Flash cards, etc.

Can't we restrict navigation for each item in these blocks?

• Hello Sarulatha and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Have you checked out the continue blocks? Sounds like this will accomplish what you are asking. Check out the details from Adam here, which includes a video.

TeenyaLaPorte
    Community Member

Same problem, shouldn't restricted navigation do this without having to add continue blocks?

• Hi Teenya,

Restricted navigation is between lessons, sections and different groupings of blocks. The continue block will allow you to reveal the content to users as they complete the items above it. Take a look at the video here for some more detail! 

CarrieMain1
    Community Member

Once a user completes a restricted navigation rise course (as SCORM), when the user returns to that course for "learning on demand" (re-watch video, looks for information, etc.), will the navigation then be free? (i.e. all lessons/quizzes maintain the tracking from the previous attempt)

MeherKhan
    Community Member

Hi, I'm also looking for an answer to Carrie's question. Can someone please help? At the moment it seems like users can't jump back and forth even if they have completed previous sections and just need to go back to re-visit something.

CNavarro
      Former Staff

Hi Meher, I tested my Rise 360 course with restricted navigation in SCORM Cloud, and I was able to revisit previous lessons after completing the course. I recommend reaching out to your LMS support team for help on this. 

CharissaTjon687
      Community Member

Hi Meher, 

Did you find a solution for this? I have a client who is running into the same issue.

Thanks,

Charissa

hazelB
        Staff

Hi Charissa!

I would suggest troubleshooting your course in SCORM Cloud to check if the behavior is the same. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine that's free and supports AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API (xAPI), and cmi5 content.

This video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content.
        You'll also find some helpful LMS-troubleshooting tips here.

If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, please share your findings with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue.